New Forums: Questions, Suggestions, Comments

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
@Davidasailor26 Custom Forum config issue is fixed. Thanks for the heads-up!
Well, I can get to the page now. Unfortunately when I check the boxes and click the button I now get this error -
Screenshot_20190814-172532.png

I had manually ignored one of the Catalina forums before I went to the custom form. Not sure of that is contributing to the error.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
It looks like I accidentally created the wrong type of indexing that booted inserts that weren't unique. It wrote 21 of the forum ID's so you got most of them, I suspect. :) Table indexing was changed so I think that error is resolved.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Phil
First of all congrats on surviving the conversion, lot of work evident!

Not a big deal but had to really work at finding a way to get to “Boat Info”.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
What do you know it worked. It’s a miracle. :wow3::worship:

Phil “ The Administrator”. Gremlin Slayer

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
It looks like I accidentally created the wrong type of indexing that booted inserts that weren't unique. It wrote 21 of the forum ID's so you got most of them, I suspect. :) Table indexing was changed so I think that error is resolved.
Nice. Working well now!

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Anyone figured out where the thread tool "mark as read" went? The issue where reading a thread did not cause it to appear as having been read seems to still exist. I used to be able to use that tool and as long as I hit the back button before opening another item it would "stick" as "read".

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I love the new look and some of the new emoji's will be fun to play with.

I had subscribed to several sub-forums and was getting email alerts when people posted in those forums. For example "Hunter Owners" and "Trailer Sailors".
I can't find the path to set that up again. Help?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Ignoring a Catalina forum? Sacrilege
o_OI've never owned a Catalina... but I did get to use a new emoji... thnx
No Catalina's yet but I almost pulled the trigger on a Catalina 250 at one point in the past.
My former fleet includes ... in order
  1. A 14' dinghy sloop -- first boat as a kid
  2. Three different canoes
  3. A Magregor 21'
  4. A Coronado 23'
  5. Escape Cha Cha Mirage
  6. A Coronado 25'
  7. Another MacGregor 21' (at the same time as the Coronado 25') Got it for a friend
  8. A MacGregor 22'
  9. A Rhodes 22' (still working on restoring this one)
  10. A Hobie 16' (still sail this on weekends sometimes)
  11. Balboa 26'
  12. Six Kayaks (still have these)
  13. Hunter 26' (my present cruiser)
  14. A WestMarine rowboat dinc for my Hunter 26

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I had subscribed to several sub-forums and was getting email alerts when people posted in those forums.
I can't find the path to set that up again. Help?
There are two ways to accomplish that in the New World Order. First, you can go to the forum you want to follow and click the Follow button, on top of the list to the right. Or, you can configure a Custom Forum to contain only the forums you want to see by hiding the ones you don't. That won't get you email alerts but figured it's worth mentioning. :)

There's also a feature that will send you a daily email with the five most popular topics from the prior day, but the link for that seems to be MIA. I'll follow that up.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Up at the top on the right now. Untested so give it a try and let me know.
Ok, I found it. It is now a forum level action, so you are marking all threads in the forum as read, not a thread level tool. What others should know is you have to be on the page that shows the threads in the forum, not inside a thread where you see the messages, to see the button up top.

Oct 22, 2014
He Phil, I know we needed the “Up Arrow” - Top of Page - in the footer when in test mode.
I see an up and a down arrow Icon floating at the bottom of the page. It looks to be a XenForo feature. This would allow you to remove it from the Footer if the floating icons continue. They appear when I start to scroll and disappear when typing.

Oct 22, 2014
I wondered where the Paragraph In and Out formating had moved.
Found it as an option in the bullet format tool​
  1. Also the paragraph numbers choice
  • Is behind the same curtain.