New Forums: Questions, Suggestions, Comments

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Ok, I found it. It is now a forum level action, so you are marking all threads in the forum as read, not a thread level tool. What others should know is you have to be on the page that shows the threads in the forum, not inside a thread where you see the messages, to see the button up top.
True, but it also works in the "Custom Forum" / New Posts view. When you click it there it should mark everything unread that you can see as read.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
It's probably a non-issue, but just in-case it could lead to some unintended consequences down the road - All of the threads that I ignored with the Custom Forum form seem to think they were ignored 87 years from now. The one thread I ignored manually has the time I actually ignored it.

1565830516420.png

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Phil
I thought there was an icon showing that once you read the subject you could mark it “READ” so it would not appear again as a New message unless someone wrote a new message to the thread. That feature appears to be missing.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I thought there was an icon showing that once you read the subject you could mark it “READ” so it would not appear again as a New message unless someone wrote a new message to the thread. That feature appears to be missing.
It's back! On the forum menu and in New Posts.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
The Up Down arrows are a nice touch.

Here's my feature/bug. Under the post title is a selection for "Mark Read". On my Toshiba Satellite running W7 and Firefox 68, clicking this selection gives an error of "Page not found" and then goes to the first post of the thread. Which marks the thread as read. Feature/bug?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi @WayneH, right now some of both. It's not behaving the way I'd like and I'm experimenting with some changes. Unfortunately, with this plugin I don't have the option to hide it from everyone else while I fine-tune it.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
It looks like I accidentally created the wrong type of indexing that booted inserts that weren't unique. It wrote 21 of the forum ID's so you got most of them, I suspect. :) Table indexing was changed so I think that error is resolved.
Lots of nautical terms in this post I’ve never heard. I guess I must’ve slept through that part of Basic Keelboat 101.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Finally, it's all over but the shirking.

Please post your questions, suggestions, and comments here. I'll get to them as quickly as possible.
Phil,

Is there a way to create a link to "New Posts" or "All forums All Discussions"? I can't seem to create one that works a second time??

My old link to "All Forums All Discussions" was:

Is there an equivalent to this link that can be used for bookmarking purposes?

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Login using safari on an ipad is strange. Attempt to log in results in default to “Looks like you are already logged in” page. Then re-try finally results in a true log in.
Yesterday I attempted to post a reply with quote an it would not post at all

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@tfox2069 and @DougM happy you guys stuck it out. Change especially software change is never easy. Enjoy Phil’s new toy. I have found a lot to like in the new format.

Share your thoughts.
Also we are finding little things that are different. Be sure to share or ask about ways that work or don’t work from your previous experiences. The icon or tool may still be here but moved.

Good luck happy you guys joined us.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
@tfox2069 and @DougM happy you guys stuck it out. Change especially software change is never easy. Enjoy Phil’s new toy. I have found a lot to like in the new format.

Share your thoughts.
Also we are finding little things that are different. Be sure to share or ask about ways that work or don’t work from your previous experiences. The icon or tool may still be here but moved.

Good luck happy you guys joined us.
Love these forums. I learn something new every day.

Now if I could only remember what I was trying to post yesterday...old age, sheesh.