New Catalina 25 owner, looking for sails

Sep 30, 2017
Catalina 25 Huntington
Hello!

I hope all is well. My name is Liz and I am 22.

I just got my hands on a 1992 Catalina 25. The boat is in great condition other than minimal plumbing issues and I am in need of sails since the once I have are in bad condition. Any help of suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2017
Catalina 25 Huntington
Thanks! I am looking for a nice used sail and Gennaker so avoiding a retail store would be my goal.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Used main sails are a waste of $$. Head sails are a tough call. The end of season and winter are good times to shop for sails as the lofts are looking for work. Maybe wait until January/February and get multiple quotes.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
If your strapped for cash you might try one of the Asian direct places. I’ve had good luck with hksailmakers.com. You will need to measure carefully and record result.

My cruising chute took about 3-4 week from order to receipt.

Les

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I suggest you do a little research on how sails are measured and fitted to a boat. Most lofts that sell via Internet will have tutorials on their websites to walk you through the process. Once you know your boat's rig dimensions and how they relate, you will be a more savvy buyer.
There are a bazillion Catalina 22's out there and some lofts will stock pre made sails for them (which may lower the price )... here's a good place to learn the basics and get an idea what type of discount pricing you can expect. Www.thesailwarehouse.com