Marinebeam does it again

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Just watched the video. Talk about slick. Even has a SOS strobe feature too! I am not sure we need one but I want one.

Sam

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="DAVA390...Please define "indexed".[/QUOTE]

On the metal bulb base there are two lumps (t** s) on opposite sides from each other. In some bulbs that polarity is not a concern, the two are equal-distant from the bottom on the bulb. On some bulbs where polarity/orientation is a concern, one is higher than the other- "Indexes"- so the bulb only fits in the socket in one direction. The t** also make the bulbs a twist-lock device to keep them locked into the socket.

Dec 19, 2014
Tartan 30 Baltimore
Thanks Jackdaw. I didn't realize I could swap out my interior white lights with the switchable red/white lights this easily.
Just saved me a lot of money!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="justsomeguy, ...I would kill for one of those. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I don't think Bob Dylan is using his- maybe you can swing a deal???

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
I don't think Bob Dylan is using his...
Neither is Barack Obama. He's launched more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace Prize recipients combined.
H/T Steven Colbert.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Please define "indexed".
One of the two posts on the side of the ball base is higher than the other, meaning it can only be installed in one orientation.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Cool ! I just bought a new anchor fixture from them. We just sail a big pond though.
I am interested in the red/white bulb. Need to check my receptacle type.
:thumbup: It sure wasn't for music.
Definitely not for his singing voice. I like some of his stuff, especially sung by others.

Oct 26, 2014
Pearson Triton Edgewood Yacht Club
I thought it was for inventing rap music(?)
"Once apon a time, you threw the bums a dime...etc"

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Definitely not for his singing voice. I like some of his stuff, especially sung by others.
It took me years to realize that Tangled Up in Blue is actually a great song even if it doesn't sound great. I found out recently that it doesn't even sound good when other people sing it. It sounds better (better being a relative term) with Dylan singing it than Charlie Daniels.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
It took me years to realize that Tangled Up in Blue is actually a great song even if it doesn't sound great. I found out recently that it doesn't even sound good when other people sing it. It sounds better (better being a relative term) with Dylan singing it than Charlie Daniels.
I like the Indigo Girls version

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
A prize in Physics. That makes sense. It doesn't solve world hunger but it is significant.