Looking for advice. Crusair supply valve

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Looking for issues I ought to be fixing in the off season. I'm already flipping my fresh water pressure pump because it is installed upside down. More in a future thread.
This setup was installed by a PO for winterizing the Crusair AC/Heat system. You shut off the thruhull valve and open the inline valve to feed RV antifreeze thru the nylon tube. It works well but I think I ought to replace the garden faucet with something nauti. Any recommendations?

AC supply.JPG

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
Probably less of an issue in fresh water but still should be gone. Groco makes a flush kit for these type of connections.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like a DIY plumber with a Lowes credit card rushed the boat to create a usable winterizing system.
A workable solution for you. The better ball valve is a good solution.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
This has possibilities. Ball valve with hose bibb
View attachment 200216
That is similar to what I have. But, no hose connection. Mine just has the hose clamped on the input end. I just stick a funnel in the end of the hose, turn on the AC compressor so the pump runs and pour in the pink stuff until it pumps out the AC outlet on the side of the boat. Best photo I have handy. Bottom right is the valve.
AC Sump Inlet line from AC Tray IMG_20180722_105105363.jpg