Its funny Friday!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
There is a sign near the community dumpster that says

RACOONS close the dumpster lid.

It makes me smile everytime I see it.
That's why you'll never see a woman married to a racoon. They always leave the lid up. They being racoons, not women.

-Will

• Ha
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
"Here's the applicable portion of the law: The canning, processing, preserving, freezing, drying, marketing, storing, packing for shipment or distribution of:
  1. Agricultural produce;
  2. Meat and fish products; and
  3. Perishable foods
sounds clear cut… but take a look at the first sentence. The suit argued that since "packing for shipment" and "distribution" were not separated by a comma, that made them a single activity exempt from overtime pay. The drivers certainly distribute perishable food, but they don't pack it. Which means they are not exempt from overtime pay."

Where's the error in this report?

How about "and" vs. "or"?

"since "packing for shipment" and "distribution" were not separated by a comma, that made them a single activity."

"Packing for shipment" AND "distribution"."
OR
"Packing for shipment" OR "distribution"

It seems the reporter and/or the editor mis-typed THE key element.

-Will

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
LOL... so I had to go looking and found these

This example is a hilarious comma mistake from a genuine restaurant menu!
“Goats cheese salad ingredients: lettuce, tomato, goats, cheese”

This brilliant funny grammar mistake comes from a real road sign, which instead of warning motorists to kill their speed because of children crossing the road, instead warns of unusually snail-paced children in the area!
“Slow children crossing”
1636419940425.png

Of course you can also prevent children from crossing
1636420001939.png

1636420152469.png

1636420353661.png

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I think I have posted this before, but the name of my first band was Slow Children At Play. We had a logo like the crossing sign above. It was a few years later that I wondered if we should have had a comma, and more importantly, where it would be most accurately placed.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I think I have posted this before, but the name of my first band was Slow Children At Play. We had a logo like the crossing sign above. It was a few years later that I wondered if we should have had a comma, and more importantly, where it would be most accurately placed.
Maybe it was correct as written :biggrin:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
"You should never generalize women."

WHAT?
This would then be an aberration?

Monday announced the nomination of two women to lead US military commands, who will be only the second and third women to hold such senior military positions in the United States.
US Air Force General Jacqueline Van Ovost, the only woman to have reached the rank of four-star general, the military’s highest, was nominated to head Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM).
Three-star army general Laura Richardson was nominated to lead Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), which covers Central and Latin America. She will also receive her fourth star.
If the Senate confirms their nominations, then Van Ovost and Richardson will follow Lori Robinson, who was the first woman to helm a military command. She led Northern Command (NORTHCOM) before retiring in 2018