Is anyone going for one last cruise of the season

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
preparing for promotional testing
Of what, Mike? And the brew, one that you would recommend? There is a new one that I just tried called "Kilt Lifter". Actually pretty good, but a silly name for a beer.

Dec 25, 2000
Anybody need some practise sanding????
Hi Michael, I've always had good results sanding the bottom of our boat using a short (four feet) painter's pole with a swivel rectangular sanding pad on the end. Same pad and paper that builders use when smoothing out dried wallboard mud. Easy on the shoulders, no need for a power tool, fast and easy. Be sure to wear a respirator.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Of what, Mike? And the brew, one that you would recommend? There is a new one that I just tried called "Kilt Lifter". Actually pretty good, but a silly name for a beer.
Battalion Chief. It's a left over Ghostfish I found in my fridge (two of them actually). Gluten free beer at its best.

Dec 25, 2000
Grrr. AMEE flotilla rendezvous appears to have fallen apart. One has no working furnace and does not want to freeze his gonads off, so his boat is now buttoned up for the winter. Soon he will head south to this third world country known as Mexico. The other would rather go to this silly community in the mountains (Leavenworth) rather than being on the water. Where have our sailing principles gone?

Well, I'm driving to the boat tomorrow night, then heading out Saturday morning for either Eagle Harbor or Watmough Bay. Either one has lots of solitude to offer this Veteran's Day weekend. Weather Honcho says I can expect reasonable weather, but likely little wind. Don't need much here, just enough for maybe 1.5 knots SOG and I'm happy. So it takes all day to get there. Slow is a good thing. Smell the roses, eh?

And yes, I hope to post a DVD report of my solo experience. The Missus is undecided because it's awful cold out there. Oh boo hoo.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Consider Blakely Harbor (one south of Eagle). Perfect view of the Seattle skyline. Anchor as far towards the opening as you can so no one blocks your view..

I'd meet you there is I wasn't having to head to Eburg for the weekend. Keep me in the loop when you head out next.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
@Terry Cox, we visited Watmough Bay last year based on a previous post by you... we loved it! And I think I'll add Eagle Harbor to our list for future cruises, looks like an awesome spot!

@MikeHoncho, there appears to be a second Eagle Harbor up on Cypress Island. Probably too far for us this weekend, but it looks like a great spot!

Watmough Bay:
EscapadeCard - 1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Hi Michael, I've always had good results sanding the bottom of our boat using a short (four feet) painter's pole with a swivel rectangular sanding pad on the end. Same pad and paper that builders use when smoothing out dried wallboard mud. Easy on the shoulders, no need for a power tool, fast and easy. Be sure to wear a respirator.
I agree Terry. That seems to work the best. Have to use wet/dry paper as Westport doesn't allow dry sanding anymore. Had some help so it went pretty well. I still say that the boat seems to grow every year.

Dec 25, 2000
Will post a DVD on YouTube about my Veterans Day (long weekend) cruise soon. Had a nice time. Did not go very far, but did fill my empty sailing tank. And had a very enjoyable time to boot.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
We came into St. Mary’s, Ga yesterday from Winyah Bay, over 200 miles. Planning to jump to Ft. Pierce Monday, another 200+.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Very nice video Terry. Good to see your gang gathered together again. All are looking good.

Your heart attack dinner :yikes: would cause pause nationally if presented to a group of Cardiac Physicians. They would look at you and wonder. How do you do it?:laugh:
Cheers:beer:

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Down here in So. Cal. it’s not so cold. I wouldn’t say the last cruise of the “season” if one means the sailing season, b/c that season never actually ends here. We’ve done a Thanksgiving weekend cruise for many years, including during the 11 years spent in FL. So, next week it will be the short hop to Newport Beach, about 16 n. mi. to the sea buoy. Lay at anchor for three nights in the Lido Key anchorage. It’s nice.:)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
I wasn't going to rub any noses in it, but since KG broke the news that we all sail year round in SoCal....

Went to Catalina for the Veterans day weekend. I forgot shorts - had to go ashore and buy some it was so hot. Weather was real nice there. No wind at all coming back :(