In memory of Ruth...

Kestle

Jun 12, 2011
MacGregor 25 San Pedro
Damn. Damn, Damn, Damn! That's not fair. She's a great lady, and that's how I'll remember her.

PM me please when you can talk, or text me on my cell. I'm there for you, my friend.

Best - Jeff

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
Sumner,
What can one say? You (& Ruth) were one of the highlights of this SBO forum for me. I have also wondered why we hadn't heard of new cruising adventures of yours in your bigger boat (Endeavor 37'?). The reason for your silence is very sad.
Life is short and precious.
Thanks for sharing both your highs and lows.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
Ever since we joined this forum we've been huge Sum and Ruth fans.

There are no words but you folks are in our thoughts.

Jan 10, 2011
Macgregor 25 675 Lake Lanier
After reading all of your posts you both made me happy by seeing how well you worked together on your projects and trips. My condolences.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Sumner,
So beautifully said. You are lucky to have had someone so important in your life. She will always be with you. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find the strength to continue with the things that are important to you. I know Ruth would want that.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Wow, this makes us all sad

Sumner, Have enjoyed your tales of you and Ruth together over the years. We will miss all of that. Hang in there as you have a whole community here pulling for you.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
No words except that both my wife and I are very sad...

You guys were an inspiration for a couple doing things together. We wont forget Ruth..

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
What a team the two of you have been, your skills were so complimentary. I've pored through many of your essays about trips and mods; it feels like I'm losing a friend. Best wishes and my most heartfelt condolences in you time of loss.

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
Sad news indeed :(
Sumner, may you find comfort in the wonderful memories of your trips together. I was truly a fan of your adventures, especially the way the way the two of you did everything together.

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
Sum

My condolences.

Funny thing is that we have never met but I feel that I know the two of you through your posts, sailing and otherwise.

I hope you do take some solace from your friends here and elsewhere.

Matt

May 16, 2007
Boatless ! 26 Ottawa, Ontario
Sum, this is such sad news, our condolences. We just do not have any words to express how we feel right now. You two were such a matched pair and it is obvious how deeply you loved each other.
Please take care and stay in touch, Bob & Sherry

Nov 26, 2012
Catalina 250 Bodega Bay CA
Sumner: My wife and I just had a talk about being nicer to each other as one must go on without the other one day. We have been married for almost 57 years. We are together on the sea at Bodega Bay Ca. as I write this. So sorry, Chief & Carole