In memory of Ruth...

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
It is with great sadness that I have to report that my "Ruth" passed away Saturday morning after a couple months of declining health.

She was the best thing that ever happened to me in this life and although we weren't together for a great number of years the joy we had and what we had was immeasurable and I was oh so lucky to have her and the experiences and love we shared. She supported me in everything that was important to me and hopefully I take the good virtues she had and use them to make myself a better person in her honor.

She was almost 72 and I'm 70 and we had planned on growing old together but that is not to be. I'm posting this as many of you knew her from my postings and trip reports and also to remind all of you that you need to decide what the really important things are that you want to experience in this life and do them if at all possible,

Sumner

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
That is tough to hear. I am so sorry to hear that happened.

I have looked through a lot of your posts and it seemed like you both were good for each other.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I am so sorry to hear this sum I have watch you and your posts including her in everything you do. I know that she will be missed by all My condolences to you

woody

Jan 22, 2008
NorSea 27 Az., Doing the To-Do list
So sorry to hear.

We had a loss some time back and it still hurts, by reminds us of you words, "to decide what the really important things are that you want to experience in this life and do them if at all possible" SOOO True.

Greg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
My condolances on your not being able to grow old together. Try to take pleasure in the memories that you still hold on to.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
It has to be devastating to lose such a perfect companion. I don't really know what to write.

I have found your posts interesting and educational.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Our condolences, Sumner. I'm sure all of us here are saddened by your loss.

Oct 16, 2008
MacGregor/Venture 25 Mesa AZ
This hurts

You two seem like family, we know you both so well through your posting. So very, very sorry.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I kept waiting to hear from you guys last winter. Now I know what must have been happening. I am so sorry.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I think these things happen whenever there is a shortage of Angels in Heaven. Sorry to hear you contributed to the cause. I do have a nice memory of her.

Jan 11, 2005
Converse 25 Fresno, CA
Sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss. It is a rare thing to find the person in this world that completes you.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I'm so sorry to hear this sumner. I could tell by your posts and pictures you both enjoyed each others compnay and time spent together. As we celebrate our 30th today, it certainly makes us appreciate one another and the times we have together.

Our thoughts will be with you.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Although we never met I so enjoyed your posts. The love you two shared was stunningly obvious. Please accept my deepest condolences. The forum is all the poorer with the loss of Ruth. God bless.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Thank you, Sumner, for reminding me to tell Connie that I love her. She is the best thing that has happened to me and although she hates big water (There's things in there that can EAT you!!!) she sails with me.

I know how devastated you are. I wish I could give you words of encouragement but words fail because words can never heal what time can only numb.