I guess I’ve been living under a rock...

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
So tonight at supper my wife asked how I knew so little about the “Royal Wedding.” My explanation was that nothing has been said about it on SBO. As far as I knew the bride’s parents would be there and her dad would walk her down the aisle. Not that I really gave it much thought. Or any for that matter. Boy did I ever get an earful!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Kermie.. kermie.. kermie.. I have to agree with you... What is all the fuss. I think it is a female thing... It is somehow good that another guy, even a Royal who they will never ever meet, is taken off the eligible list. All womanhood somehow wins. It is a celebration of sorts.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
I'm afraid to look tomorrow to see whether the top news story is the wedding or the school shooting.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
As far as I knew the bride’s parents would be there and her dad would walk her down the aisle.
That is so like last week's news. Didn't you hear about the Paparazzi flap with Dad and his heart attack?

Prince Charles will do the honor walking Meghan down the aisle.

And will Harry wear his uniform? He's entitled to, but what about the non-regulation beard?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
That is so like last week's news. Didn't you hear about the Paparazzi flap with Dad and his heart attack?

Prince Charles will do the honor walking Meghan down the aisle.

And will Harry wear his uniform? He's entitled to, but what about the non-regulation beard?
None of that. Until today. Seriously. And you know vastly more than I do. Seriously.

Apr 11, 2016
San Juan 28 Comox
I lost interest when my wife said she is getting up at 3 a.m...and not that I was ever interested, we made plans to head out on the boat for a couple of days, I will be sleeping and thinking about far better things not the royal pain oops wedding....

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I heard mention of a royal wedding on NPR, which I keep on in the chicken coop so the bears think there are people inside. Until now, I only assumed it was England. I feel incredibly lucky to be married to a woman who cares even less about that kind of stuff than even I do. She didn't even know Obama was black until about 6 months into his presidency. All she knows about Trump is he is the president now. The last time she heard anything about the British royals, lady Di was announcing her engagement on the cover of the supermarket tabloids when my wife was buying groceries. She has zero interest in what is going on outside our homestead. :) And I am a happy guy for it.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
I heard mention of a royal wedding on NPR, which I keep on in the chicken coop so the bears think there are people inside. Until now, I only assumed it was England. I feel incredibly lucky to be married to a woman who cares even less about that kind of stuff than even I do. She didn't even know Obama was black until about 6 months into his presidency. All she knows about Trump is he is the president now. The last time she heard anything about the British royals, lady Di was announcing her engagement on the cover of the supermarket tabloids when my wife was buying groceries. She has zero interest in what is going on outside our homestead. :) And I am a happy guy for it.

- Will (Dragonfly)
Braggart.

;-)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Do tell!?!:eek:

- Will (Dragonfly)
Actually I don’t know that to be true. It’s something I heard on either Jeopardy or HQ recently. And I don’t know what HQ stands for. It’s a mobile phone trivia game.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Obama isn’t black. He’s Hawaiian.
Well, he's sort of Hawaiian. He was born in Honolulu. Mother was from Kansas, Dad from Kenya. He is one of Hawaii's favorite sons. Vacations in the town I grew up in (Kailua).

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Prince Harry is no longer a serving Army officer, so is entitled to wear a beard while in uniform. His father, as a Royal Navy officer, could of course wear a beard as long as it was “full enough”.