Hunter 37C Database - HELP NEEDED!

sailnc

Sep 6, 2014
Hunter 37C New Bern, NC
Greetings everyone!
We just became owners of HUN37244M81J. We'll be keeping her name (Odyssey) -- that'll help avoid bad luck, and the extra work to paint a new name :)
She's docked behind our house near New Bern, NC.
Tom Richards

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Greetings everyone!
We just became owners of HUN37244M81J. We'll be keeping her name (Odyssey) -- that'll help avoid bad luck, and the extra work to paint a new name :)
She's docked behind our house near New Bern, NC.
Tom Richards
Thanks Tom - I have updated the database to reflect you're the new owner of Odyssey. Drop me a note at jameslegere[at]eastlink[dot]ca and I will email you a copy of the database.

Oct 25, 2011
Hunter 37 Cutter Yankton SD
Hello 37C sailors, I am in negotiations for a 37c in Yankton SD, he says its a 1985 with the 4 cylinder yanmar. If I end up purchasing I will be registering the boat (hull numbers) with you.... lots of great info here on how to update... The boat does not have AC, and it looks like the rear left (port) storage locker is a common place to add the unit. I'm looking at some 16,000 btu units. If there are other common places to add the AC unit let me know. and what brands of AC fit in that rear port locker.

Thanks,
Paul Bommersbach

sailnc

Sep 6, 2014
Hunter 37C New Bern, NC
Ours (a 1981) has the compressor unit installed under the galley sink and the blower under the adjacent settee. Cold air (or heated, if operated in heat mode) exits a panel on the side of the galley cabinet. Not sure if this was a factory install, or by a previous owner.

Oct 25, 2011
Hunter 37 Cutter Yankton SD
I just bought a 1985 Hunter 37 Cherubini "Obsession"
The boat has been at Louis and Clark Reservoir, Yankton SD

Paul Bommersbach
Sioux Falls SD 57110

hobie20sd@yahoo.com

VIN HUN37409J485

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks Paul, welcome aboard! You may qualify as the most landlocked H37C sailor (sorry, no prize). I have entered Obsession in the database and sent you a PM.

Jun 8, 2004
In case you are wondering what my obsession with Hunter 37 Cutter data is all about, it started when I wanted a bit of background on the design I own and love. I made a stab at a brief history of the breed a few years ago. I recently revised the brief history, to reflect the latest data, correct inaccuracies, add information and generally polish grammar and syntax. If you would like a copy of the latest revision of A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE HUNTER 37 CUTTER, you can download it from SailboatOwners.com at this link. Please forward any errors or omission to me at jameslegere at eastlink dot ca. Thanks!

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Thanks Jim. Me too, started in 1998 when I saw one in Huron, Ohio and liked the cutter rigging. Came here to HOW and began the research. Saw the fascination with the Cherubini design and asked Phil if we could have our own HOW segment. It's been fun owning the H37C and all of us sharing here. I especially like what you have done with the history. And now my history file is up-to-date. :)

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Jim, I can't find the "differences" document. Should it be in "Downloads"?

Jun 8, 2004
...Saw the fascination with the Cherubini design and asked Phil if we could have our own HOW segment. It's been fun owning the H37C and all of us sharing here.
Well, I never knew you were the instigator of the "Cherubini Hunters" sub forum! It figures. That's why I call you the "Godfather of the H37C" ;) Thanks for talking to Phil all those years ago. It sure has been great having this sandbox to play in...

EAMc2

Oct 1, 2016
Hunter 37C Cherubini Palm Beach, FL
Jim, Thank you for the update to the Hunter 37C history with the included Appendix. We are hull #51, 1979. Her name is now Luna. She was formerly known as Myst & Seabird out of Jacksonville, NC & Washington, NC.

Luna June 2017.jpg
Christopher & Elizabeth

Jun 8, 2004
Hi Christopher & Elizabeth,
Thanks for the info. I have updated the database with the information that you provided. I did find Myst in North Carolina back around 2004 - 2008. Not the name Seabird though...

EAMc2

Oct 1, 2016
Hunter 37C Cherubini Palm Beach, FL
Thank you for updating our info Jim!

According to Coast Guard Documentation records she was Seabird prior to October 1994, Myst 1995 until 2012, Carolina Marine too until 2015, now Luna. She was actually featured in the May/June 2001 edition of Latitudes & Attitudes Magazine (pages 4 &5). :)

This forum has been a wealth of information as we restore her.

Jun 8, 2004
I would love to see that 'feature' in Lats & Atts, if you could find the time to scan it sometime...
And please don't hesitate to post pictures in the owners' Photo Gallery or, if documenting a repair or modification, in the Owner Mods section. We all love our boats here and enjoy sharing the experience.

Oct 2, 2008
Hunter 37 cutter Babylon, New York
Been a member since about 2008, never realized you were cataloging the 37C.
I own the 362nd boat, it’s a 1984, name SAMMY, out of Babylon NY. HUN37362M84G, believe boat was built in Feb 1984.

Nov 6, 2009
Hunter 37 FL
We sold our 37c on Dec 5, 2017. Hull 36. Don’t know if new owners will be on sbo
Mary Dixon

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks Mary. We really appreciate all the contributions you and Bill made to the forum over the years. Fair winds!

Jun 8, 2004
Been a member since about 2008, never realized you were cataloging the 37C.
I own the 362nd boat, it’s a 1984, name SAMMY, out of Babylon NY. HUN37362M84G, believe boat was built in Feb 1984.
Thanks. I have enterd Sammy in the database. Drop me an email (jameslegere at eastlink dot ca) and I will send you a copy of the database.

Jun 19, 2018
Hunter 37c Tampa FL
Hello! My wife and I bought Bill and Mary Dixon's 37C Fantasy, hull #36. She has since been renamed Salty Tails (after her four legged crew). Her home port is now Tampa FL. She's been great to us so far, we've been cruising nearly 5 months and are just back in the states after spending the last 3 1/2 months in the Bahamas. We plan to do some projects and upgrades this summer and take her back to Bahamas and very possibly the rest of the Eastern Caribbean after hurricane season. This is a great forum, we've already found a ton of great information, hopefully we can help contribute as well!
Troy and Erin Martin
Sailingsaltytails.com