Hunter 240 rigging and mast slant to rear questions

ronkS2

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 240 South Florida
Hi Guys,

Have what I hope to be a couple of quick questions. Has anyone ever used a LOOS gauge (gauge that tells how taught standing rigging is set) to set their rigging by, and can you share the values?

Next question, The last few feet of my mast seems to sweep backwards when installed on the boat. Laying on the hard it is perfectly straight. Do you think the front stay is to loose, or is this a normal characteristic of this rigging system where it is fractional rigged with no back stay? I am running the factory roller furling on the front which makes true tension a little challenging to tell. Due to location it was hard to snap a photo. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Take a photo with the mast up sideways. With the mast up, let the main halyard with a weight on it loose of course in a no wind situation and then measure from the line to the back side of the mast where the boom attaches to the mast. As the top dealer for that boat plus involvement in the design of it anyway, never used a loos gauge as I found many use to over tighten the rig with it.

ronkS2

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 240 South Florida
I can not get far enough back from the boat at this point to get a photo but will be moving her this weekend and will get it posted. Will also give you the measurement of the rear halyard off the mast.

Thanks,
Ron