HMS Bounty - combined thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2012
macgegor 26D-26X lake Erie
R.I.P. Bounty.

I seen the Bounty in Erie Pa docked for the night on its way to Chicago.
I must of seen it before its latest restoation, It was pretty, bugt not clean.

I still dont understand why the crew didnt hoist the sails and head for land.??

The last picture of the HMS bounty, big waves but not giant waves.

xcyz

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 376
Raising of the Bounty?

I suspect the insurance company will attempt to raise her. Of course I don't know for sure nor know the issue that brought her down. Is she laying in deep water?

May 27, 2012
Oday 222 Beaver Lake, Arkansas
Gents;

Alll of us can only guess what the skipper was thinking but can we simply close this thread.

I disagree. By his own words I think we all know what he was thinking, to a point. A $4.6 million ship was lost, as was a rookie crew member, a women who joined thinking it was going to be fun. The Captain may have been a gentleman, but he put a bunch of rookie crew through 24 to 48 hours, possibly more, of total horror. And for no good reason.

We wont know if it was his intent to lose the ship for insurance purposes unless, or until someone talks, but we know he wanted to chase the eye from the southwest, and thats where he was.

Had the Captain lived he would likely be facing charges for manslaughter. His seasoned crew who went along with him should be charged as well. Someone, days earlier, should have relieved him of command.

May 27, 2012
Oday 222 Beaver Lake, Arkansas
I suspect the insurance company will attempt to raise her. Of course I don't know for sure nor know the issue that brought her down. Is she laying in deep water?
I read she is in 14,000 feet of water. Doubtful she will ever be seen again other than by remote camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.