Head mirror

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
IMG_0485.JPG Any thoughts on where to get a replacement mirror for the head? Ours is starting to corrode and I've been asked to get a new one. It's the older version, that drops down, not the newer two piece slider. Catalina Direct doesn't seem to carry them. Haven't called Catalina Yachts yet.

Here's a partial picture of it (I was interested in the sink then).

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I have same setup and need to take it off and go to glass store for new mirror and check
around not all charge same and ask them what to use.
Don’t remember but used special glue and forget what material and check different glass store
for prices and I got up and down $$$.
Nick

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I have same setup and need to take it off and go to glass store for new mirror and check
around not all charge same and ask them what to use.
Don’t remember but used special glue and forget what material and check different glass store
for prices and I got up and down $$$.
Nick
Thanks. I also saw something about getting an acrylic mirror.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I replaced all four on my Hunter 40.5 for the same reason. I used a heat gun to soften the adhesive. This also broke the glass which I removed a piece at a time using a paint scraper. When they were all removed, I removed as much of the adhesive as possible. I can't recall if it was adhesive remover or acetone. In any event, the final step was acetone. I had a glass shop make new mirrors with some bevel and rounded corners to my measurements. Per their recommendation, I used a specific mirror adhesive to install them. Get some inexpensive glass installation suction cups for mounting them. I used large amounts of wide masking tape to hold the mirrors in place for a few days. Then I filled around all the edges with a color-matched latex calk to make sure no further moisture got under the mirror. That was probably ten years ago and they still look good. Good luck.

Apr 5, 2017
Catalina 310 Huntington, NY
I took it one step further as my wife does not like the confines of the small head. I purchased an additional mirror that was cut to fit in the panel on the head door. This really opens things up.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
This thread got me interested in replacing my 2 head sliding cabinet mirrors, which were showing signs of corrosion on the handle and ends So today I replaced them with stainless steel knobs from Taps Plastic in El Cerrito, California.

Attachments