Forum questions, comments, and complaints

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Is it just me in that when I click on a post and eventually return to it .............. it doesn't change colour to indicate it's previously been looked at ?
If you use the backspace to go back to the forum, then the color does not change. You will have to hit refresh in order to see that the post has been read.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Okay, I think I have the issues fixed that mentioned in this thread:
  1. Login form should have contrast between type and input fields
  2. Search bar working correctly
  3. "New" flag is now readable
  4. Obviously, moderation of all new posts has been turned off :yikes:
  5. Links fixed on home page and resources list
  6. Redirects fixed from old forum index page and recent posts
  7. Smilies fixed (some were not parsing)
Still to do: fix redirects from forum menu bar.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Can I suggest for the "low priority request list" - it would be nice if the site's Apple touch icon were sailboatowners.com branded, so that saving a shortcut to the home screen would show that. Right now the home screen shortcut is a generic Xenforo icon.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Nice job, Phil & crew. Just came back from three days & two nights on the boat. The shrieking winds, highest I've EVER seen, kept my adrenaline going for 24 hours. Until I got here!!!

I think I can, I think I can...:plus:

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Wow, in SF, that's saying something. :yikes:
It was really, really strange. A low pressure high altitude front moved through in clear, clear weather. 0 to 40+ knots & gusting. Hard work and some dock helpers got me into an empty slip. Just when you think you've seen everything....:deadhorse:

Guess I'll never say that again in public. :poke::doh::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::banghead::banghead:

Love these new similies. Thanks for them.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
That same front passed through here last night. Around 4a we had EXTREMELY heavy rain. I noticed it was heading north. LOL You guys in Seattle might get it in a couple of days.

Dan_Y

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 36 Hampton
No issues yet with finding stuff. I really like the listing of forums under the top Forums tab. Actually didn't know some of the other boat forums existed. I'll eventually hide them after browsing them once. I understand you didn't upgrade for the heck of it.
Suggestion: can the "day-of-the-week text" at nn:mm PM that's under each post be set to the calendar day instead ,e.g. Oct 4 at 10:00 PM by the user? It helps me determine how old the last post is. Oops..never mind...I get how it works now...

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
On my phone, when I hit the thread title, it takes me to the last post...not the last unread post but the end of thread... I have to scroll up to see where I left off (on previously read) or all the way to top if new thread...I didn't notice this on home PC...have droid phone

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
On my phone, when I hit the thread title, it takes me to the last post...not the last unread post but the end of thread... I have to scroll up to see where I left off (on previously read) or all the way to top if new thread...I didn't notice this on home PC...have droid phone
The code is the same for both, so chances are it's a cookie problem. The phone may not know what's new and what isn't, especially if you've been browsing with two devices. Let's give the datestamp data a day or two to settle down and see if the problem continues. Good input, thanks!

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Phil, Is there a way that I can hide individual forums that are under the "Forums for All Owners" category?

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Also, under "Forums for All Owners" some of the individual forums are dimmed. What does that mean?

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
I noticed that under "Recent Replies" all of the subject lines now begin with the words "Response to...." Personally, I find this distracting because it makes it a bit harder to scan the subject lines quickly. I think I understand why this was added but I find it counterproductive. What would be ideal is if there were a way the words "Response to" could be disabled as a settings preference. If that's not possible (and my guess is that it isn't) then I'd vote for removing those words in the interest of quick visual scanning of the subject lines.

Thanks for considering this suggestion, whatever you decide to do! Much appreciated.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I noticed that under "Recent Replies" all of the subject lines now begin with the words "Response to...." Personally, I find this distracting because it makes it a bit harder to scan the subject lines quickly
Yeah, I see what you mean. We can give that a try.

Just discovered something really cool: if you highlight some text in a post, a bubble pops up and asks if you want to quote it in a reply!

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
My HIDE/UNHIDE FORUMS list is not complete, e.g. the Trailer forum is not on there and I am seeing new posts for that forum, but I cannot hide it. In fact it appears the hide/unhide list is mostly just the brand forums.

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Yeah, I see what you mean. We can give that a try.

Just discovered something really cool: if you highlight some text in a post, a bubble pops up and asks if you want to quote it in a reply!
I see that you changed it back. We'll see what others think but I much prefer it the way it is now, i.e., the old way. Thanks.

I'll have to try the pop-up bubble thing.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
My HIDE/UNHIDE FORUMS list is not complete, e.g. the Trailer forum is not on there and I am seeing new posts for that forum, but I cannot hide it. In fact it appears the hide/unhide list is mostly just the brand forums.
Yes, at the moment you can hide just the brand forums, not the shared forums. Right now we're trying to keep everything just as simple as we can, but we can add most of those soon. I apologize for any confusion.