Forum questions, comments, and complaints

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
It won't get changed unless you tell us it needs fixin'. So please post input here. Thanks!

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
OK, now, if I clik on "home" or " classifieds", all I. Get is flashing screens, never stopped on a page.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Can you please change it back to the previous format?
I can't see the post I was following. I miss seeing the active post on the home page.
In a nut shell this is awful.

Sam

Apr 24, 2006
Aloha 32 Toronto, Lake Ontario
Will there be an updated mobile app? Everyone I know uses the app to access the forum - it's far better than anything else on a mobile device.

Chris

May 28, 2015
Catalina 385 Long Branch, NJ
Is there a known issue with the iPad app or do I need to do something special to get it to work on the new forum?

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Still can't access classified, screen just keeps jumping around.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Phil, I don't understand the New(Legacy) category. I see several posts there that are dated today but only yours shows up on the new site. IE: I see posts in New(Legacy) in Propulsion that are not on the new site.

Also, I already miss the All Discussions option.

Also see that new posts must await moderators approval? That will slow things down.

OK, I see that some posts in New(Legacy) show a date of 10/4 but in the thread it is before you shut down the forum on 10/3.

I guess I don't see newer posts since they are waiting for your approval.

Thanks
Ward

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2013
Wayfarer Mark I GRP Chicago
When I click the "Home" link in the ribbon I get stuck in what looks like a infinite loop pointing me to different sites.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
When adding a photo via URL, in the URL box, the background and text are the same color. Makes it hard to read before posting.

All my posts in the Catalina 22 subforum seem to require moderating/approval.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
When I logged in I couldn't type the password until I selected that I was a member even though that bullet was already set. Then it still didn't show the cursor or that I was typing in the password box. But it did work and I am obviously signed on.

KD3PC

Sep 25, 2008
boatless rainbow Callao, VA
My only issue is that the post number is quite small and at the bottom of the post, next to the like button...I would prefer it to be near the top of the post.

Other than that small niggle, the upgrade looks great.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
My only issue is that the post number is quite small and at the bottom of the post, next to the like button
One of the most interesting things about this process is seeing how everyone uses the same set of tools. Do you use the post number to make a permalink?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yeah, I accidentally set everything to require moderator approval before posting. Nice way to make a first impression:banghead:,

Should be fixed now.

KD3PC

Sep 25, 2008
boatless rainbow Callao, VA
not usually, I use it just to gauge where I am in the count, how old a post is, and whether I should respond, or already have.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Thanks. Knew there'd be some angst.
Yeah, there's no getting around that but I was really hoping the angst would be stuff that was legitimately above my pay grade... not stupid crap where I toggled a switch the wrong way. Oh well, hopefully 85,000 of our 86,000 users were watching football this morning. :)