Custom seadek

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
:thumbup: I hear good things about Seadeck. I want to add it to our swim platform.
How did you template it out for them?

Oct 1, 2020
catalina 310 Coyote Point, San Mateo
:thumbup: I hear good things about Seadeck. I want to add it to our swim platform.
How did you template it out for them?
They’ve got a few options. You can buy sheets/rolls of it yourself, which I did with my previous Catalina 22. However, for this we did the *do-it-yourself* custom option where seadek sent me sheets of plastic film; I cut and marked it out; sent it back; they sent back design templates based on my sketch; I confirmed them; then it finally went to production. There were tons of color/thickness/pattern options during the process. The instructions were simple, and the service was great. It took about 4 months from start to finish. And you aren’t fully financially committed until just before they send it to final production. I opted for the 3 yr warranty where they say they’ll send an entire new kit if there are issues (fairly liberal criteria).

• Helpful

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
It sure looks great. What did it cost in the end if you don't mind sharing?

is that like a 5-6mm, grey over black and they cut the grey to expose the black?

Oct 1, 2020
It sure looks great. What did it cost in the end if you don't mind sharing?

is that like a 5-6mm, grey over black and they cut the grey to expose the black?
FB8A45B4-A491-499F-BC6F-807AEF92BAC5.png

8mm in most parts, and some padded areas of 15mm at helm pad, and the two pieces near the winches where we kneel a lot. Here’s the break down including the warranty. I think it was 15% off for a military discount… but it was so long ago I can’t remember.

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
How do you glue it down? It appears to be mounted directly on top of the non-skid.

Aug 29, 2016
Catalina 2004 310 (Hull #250) BC
I would guess that we could all just call them up and ask for the custom Flying Jay package now that you've done the hard work for us all? A bit of a gamble but one would probably not expect too much variation in dimensions in the 310 layout ?? And then we send a case of beer or bottle of Scotch as a royalty to you!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Justin_NSA with SeaDek you have the option to design Made To Order (seadek.com) and install yourself OR in my case I had a local dealer scan the boat areas to be covered, make a drawing with the pattern for my approval, have it fabricated and install it. Installation is easy............clean the surface then stick it on. It has self adhesive backing so does not require special adhesive. If you need to replace a sectionall you do is pull it up and clean the surface with acetone. Good value for money compared to other competive synthetic decking............but check it out for yourself.

Oct 1, 2020
I would guess that we could all just call them up and ask for the custom Flying Jay package now that you've done the hard work for us all? A bit of a gamble but one would probably not expect too much variation in dimensions in the 310 layout ?? And then we send a case of beer or bottle of Scotch as a royalty to you!
I’d imagine they could send you my design files for you to verify. Send me a private message if you want any help with that.