Could Winter be over?

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
What's wrong with a little snow shoveling now and then?
Just think about the health benefits you get with it. And... it's beautiful
I've never understood why people live in places buried in snow each year...... but I'm glad they do. :kick: :biggrin:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Spring is comming. My forsythia is starting to bloom. The RedBud also. Daffodils and crocus in full bloom.
Way too early.
Makes me wonder when the Late winter snowfall is going to hit.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I've never understood why people live in places buried in snow each year...... but I'm glad they do. :kick: :biggrin:
When I hear people up here complain about the cold, I like to point out...
Oh, never mind. You're right, it is colder than a witch's...ah... zit, up here and I advise as many people to, stay down South, as I can. Really, it's miserable up here. You'ld have to be a glutton for punishment. Do yourself a favor and stay safe and secure and warm and free in the more populated cities down South where there are stores and cell service and Internet and movie theaters and paved roads and good restaurants and taxes... ah... I mean taxis, yeah, taxis and Ubers and beggers... ah... burgers, yeah, good high priced burgers, and schools with lots and lots of other kids teaching your kids all the important pop music and slang and attitudes and, well... You know. You guys, warm and safe, in your low-cost cities have it made. No need to even think about moving to a place like this.
20200229_095506.jpg

Where it's just shivering and work all the time.
Notice how much my raised beds garden looks like a cemetary. Let that be a warning to stay away. Go vacation in the Islands or something. ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Evening news tonight reported Baltimore is likely to have the first Feb. No snow in many years. Yearly snow total about 1.5", normal by now is 18". Had the top down on the convertible ( briefly) the other day. I usually send a picture to a friend in Maine but I'm feeling sorry for him.this winter!

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Oh, never mind. You're right, it is colder than a witch's...ah... zit, up here and I advise as many people to, stay down South, as I can. Really, it's miserable up here. You'ld have to be a glutton for punishment. Do yourself a favor and stay safe and secure and warm and free in the more populated cities down South where there are stores and cell service and Internet and movie theaters and paved roads and good restaurants and taxes... ah... I mean taxis, yeah, taxis and Ubers and beggers... ah... burgers, yeah, good high priced burgers, and schools with lots and lots of other kids teaching your kids all the important pop music and slang and attitudes and, well... You know. You guys, warm and safe, in your low-cost cities have it made. No need to even think about moving to a place like this.

Notice how much my raised beds garden looks like a cemetary. Let that be a warning to stay away. Go vacation in the Islands or something. ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)
;) oh I do understand Will. We here in Oregon tell people the same things. it's terrible here. rains all the time, forest fires every year, etc. don't move anywhere near here ;)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You're walking along Main Street, to drop a letter at the Post Office or something, and someone, whose face you don't recognize, comments on the misery of the cold weather, just smile knowingly and say, "You got that right. It's like this here, all the time."
Then walk away, silently thanking the weather gods for keeping the crowds and the riff raff away.
Or
If it's Summer, tell them, "Yup, it's been a beautiful two weeks of Summer. Enjoy it while you can." ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
You're walking along Main Street, to drop a letter at the Post Office or something, and someone, whose face you don't recognize, comments on the misery of the cold weather, just smile knowingly and say, "You got that right. It's like this here, all the time."
Then walk away, silently thanking the weather gods for keeping the crowds and the riff raff away.
Or
If it's Summer, tell them, "Yup, it's been a beautiful two weeks of Summer. Enjoy it while you can." ;)

-Will (Dragonfly)
We had a rabble rouser governor (we loved him) here back in the 60s that had a sign erected at the Ca/Or border that said essentially: "Enjoy your visit in the beautiful state of Oregon.... and then enjoy your return home". the opposing political party had the sign summarily removed in short order however. too bad :laugh:. I just wish we had that Governor back again instead of the wench we have up there now:twisted:

Lazy1

Aug 23, 2019
Catalina 22 13425 A driveway in Pittsburgh
Funny how the warming climate makes us less patient for warming weather.
Just an observation.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Well went to check on our Sapphire today, while its warmish in the city when you get out near the water where she lays for the winter it is down right cold today, the sun was not real bright so the underside of the cover wasn't real warm either, I go there monthly the check the cover and plug the charger in, the batteries haven't needed a charge yet this winter, the charger boots, and its in float voltage within about 20 minutes, but every time I go I come home winded, its alot of work sitting in the cockpit under the cover making wind noises with my eyes closed...........:huh:

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
View attachment 175509

-Will (Dragonfly)
Nice looking raised beds Will!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
At the club today, no iceboating. Take a close look at the pic. 9 bald eagles sitting on the edge of some very thin ice looking for fish. Never seen that many in one place before.
My brother the fisherman says there is a phenomenon when the ice breaks in lakes that fish lie at the border of ice and are hungry. Good fishing! Maybe good for Eagles too but I thought they were carrion eaters.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
My brother the fisherman says there is a phenomenon when the ice breaks in lakes that fish lie at the border of ice and are hungry. Good fishing! Maybe good for Eagles too but I thought they were carrion eaters.
We can see a hundred eagles at a time when the water freezes over. They fish for shad mostly. The ducks and pelicans will paddle right by eagles standing on the ice without fear.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
March came in like a lamb (in Chicago area at least)....guess that means we are in for an ugly end of March.

greg