- Sep 14, 2014
I thought it might be helpful to new owners of old Catalina 22s if i posted some of the 100 odd things I had to do to get my 83 from a trailer at the side of the previous owners house to the lovely slip in the marina. Lots of these things have been posted before, but maybe some of the details may have been a little different for me. Classic example is drill 3/4 inch hole in cabin top and fish out wires. Well I am still working up the courage for that one but I did have a small heart flop when I cut the 3 and 3/4 inch hole in the fore-deck hatch to install a passive vent and then replaced it with a solar one. I will get to that one later but I was pleasantly surprised at the thickness of the hatch lid and it made me more comfortable standing on it after that. I will need to work out the kinks in the new upload method for pic but here goes. By the way my "new" boat had no HIN I could find but a sticker on it from a conservation officer in florida with a made up number that matched the title. Except it designated it as a homebuilt (default position in system) so I had to fight the tag people a little about it being a production boat. That is another story. So anywho My first task: Stabilizing the rusty bunk board supports so I could tow it without punching two giant holes in my new hull. So a trip to home depot and a little thought resulted in the solution pictured below. More to come.