Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.
Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away
its been done in some small boats,including a catalina 27..juggernout.man i wish i had ur boat for the trip though.is anyone on this sit considering it?done it?its my life long dream.i may attemt it in my catalina 27.i had a 33 tahiti ketch that would would have been perfect,but lost it in a divorce.id like to hear what u all have to sey
That covers 2 instances that cause sinking at sea 48% of the time. What is the other 52%? Maybe we should be more concerned with that/those causes?According to BOAT US, 40% of sailboats that sink at sea while underway due so from striking an object in the water. Only 8% sink from knockdowns in a storm. Of course, we don't how many boats strike an object in the water and do not sink, or suffer serious damage. But if you're destined to strike something, would you want be over the keel of a Contessa 26 or a Catalina 27? Obviously, sailing at night and/or being asleep, or below, without a watch-stander increases the chances of striking something.