Camping and Sailing-May 2016

May 13, 2016
Catalina 22 MK II 15377 Granbury Texas
Excellent. At this point I'd never film me sailing. I'm still novice enough that I'm fumbling around. You made it look smooth.

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
I had an extra goose neck fitting for the boom sitting around in a box of parts and I used it to fabricate a mount for the GoPro camera that slides up and down in the mast track using the main sail's halyard and downhaul.

RJD

Aug 31, 2013
Catalina 22 Chesapeake Bay, Deale, MD
Very nice. Thanks. Beautiful boat.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Love it.
The length was fine. It's a great "sailboat fix" for those of us who aren't on the water. :)
The music made me feel like I was at the Folk Festival were I volunteer every year. :D

Where's the dog ? hehe

I think you might enjoy the week long "Lowisa" which is held up here on Lake of The Woods (Ontario/Minnesota border) every year.
Race from location to location each day, and camp each night.
Decades ago, it started as a race for small racing dinghys (hence the camping on shore at night), but now sailboats of all sizes take part.

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
I leave "John Ed" at home where's he's happy to cross the street to the neighbors before the truck even gets out of sight, hang out with them and chase squirrels with his buddies to his hearts content. He's not a "boat dog" although I tried when I first got him, he's way too hyper to be comfortable on such a small vessel.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Everyone has a passion. Even pooches. :)
The movie "up" didn't use the "squirrel !" plot idea for nothing.
They are about the only thing my shepherd used to chase.
Well ... there was the time where she chased a weird striped black & white "cat", after I spent years encouraging her to chase cats out of the yard.... Hehe.