Boom angle for in mast furling

Jul 12, 2013
Hunter 41 Grand River Yacht Club
Our 2004 Hunter 41 came equipped with a solid Vang that is as compressed as far as possible so that the boom cannot be lowered any further. I expect this is due to the fact that the boom has to clear the fixed stainless arch. And the mast-end gooseneck has to be in its current position due to the furling system inside the mast. It means that the boom sweeps up visibly ( not sure of angle) . Since we are getting ready to order a new mainsail I’d like to be sure this is how it is supposed to be to ensure good furling.
What is optimum boom angle for in mast furling? Other folks don't Seem to have this angle, but perhaps their sail is cut differently.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
Have a 2003 356 with Seldon In Mast furling with the solid boom vang and I moved the boom vang attachment to the boom out to drop the boom a little and have just enough space for the traveler/main sheet blocks.
Just was measured for sails for North Sails and had verification it was OK and the sails will be cut to the exact position of the boom. No more leech flutter...
Put me at ease on that very issue.
Jeff