Beneteau Oceanis 321 Lewmar Hatch question

Mar 18, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 321 Fowey
Hi there,

I have a 1996 Beneteau Oceanis 321 with two size 30 Lewmar hatches, both of which have taken this wet winter as an opportunity to spring a leak! I am trying to discover which size 30 hatch I have so I can get replacement seals - but there appears to be a choice from low profile, medium profile, ocean and maybe even costal!
Can anyone advise please?
Thanks

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Welcome to the forum,
The usual primary reply you will receive is ”a picture would be helpful”.
I’m sure with that, you will find someone who knows the answer to your question.

I have a 2004 B323. It has Lewmar hatches probably the same size as yours, but with the difference in age, I would be hesitant to say they were the same.

(I have been to Fowey, and toured Cornwall, on of my favorite parts of the UK)

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Might have better luck if you opened the hatch to show the angle of the aluminum frame which Lewmar changes for each model. Shots of the inside hinges and dogs would also help. Look the same as mine.

Mar 18, 2021
Might have better luck if you opened the hatch to show the angle of the aluminum frame which Lewmar changes for each model. Shots of the inside hinges and dogs would also help. Look the same as mine.
Thanks Ralph, am hoping to get on her tomorrow so will try and get a specific pic

Oct 10, 2018
Beneteau 321 Bay Harbor Marina, Bay City MI
I have a 1998 Oceanis 321 and am currently replacing all of the hatches. They are all low profile. And very expensive:(.

Mar 18, 2021
I have a 1998 Oceanis 321 and am currently replacing all of the hatches. They are all low profile. And very expensive:(.
Hi
thank you for your Message, much appreciate and yesVERY expensive, that’s why I am hoping to get away with just buying some seals instead

Mar 18, 2021
do you have any pictures of or serial/reference numbers for your low profile hatches you can share please?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I would agree with @Wesleymi they look to be the Lewmar low profile hatch with the lip frame.
Size 30 Low Profile Hatch Self Supporting
1616329960761.jpeg

Image wise there is little to distinguish the low and medium profile hatches.
Size 30 Medium Profile Hatch

As I understand they have the same outer shape and look. The description identifies the difference as thicker acrylic and deeper frame sections
Product Description
Ideal as a foredeck hatch on larger offshore yachts, the Medium Profile has thicker acrylic and deeper frame sections for greater strength and durability. It features Lewmar’s unique sealing system, allowing for easy acrylic replacement. All while retaining the smooth, modern lines of the Low Profile Hatch.​

A part number would be your best reference. I suspect they use the same gasket. But that is only a SWAG.

Jan 4, 2006
Contact your local Lewmar rep, see what he says, and put an end to this wild speculation :banghead:.

The Lewmar factory is in the U.K. and may be within spitting distance of you.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sweet looking hatch.

I bought and installed a Ocean 70 hatch the fall of 2019.
1616371036914.jpeg

Mar 18, 2021
Contact your local Lewmar rep, see what he says, and put an end to this wild speculation :banghead:.

The Lewmar factory is in the U.K. and may be within spitting distance of you.
Thanks Ralph, yeah have contacted them twice, no response and they don’t deal with the public direct
Ahhh looking at this now I wonder if it’s not an older hatch!? ‍♂
hi
So for the record, these are coastline hatches, now discontinued although seals are still available part number: 360595999

thanks to all for your advice, ideas and input

Jan 4, 2006
I may get a new seal for the main cabin hatch but that’s stopped leaking after a good clean
I received my 1999 H-310 in 1998 and I can say that all seven of my Lewmar opening hatch gaskets are still in the as new condition. Lenses ................... not so much. I've had great luck by swiping each gasket every year with a wet cloth to clean it and then coating with Meguiar's:

Meguiar's.JPG

The product is really no different than any other vinyl protector but it does protect the vinyl from drying out. Seems to work perfectly .............................. so far.

Last edited: