Any one Bahamas bound ?

Dec 27, 2007
- - Aledo, TX
Sorry. I don't mean to hijack this thread. I have done extensive research on sailing to the abacos but I still have a couple questions. My plan is to make the trip mid June thru mid July 2016. I will be trailering my Capri 26 from Texas. Where would one find a place to park his truck and trailer for a month? Probably around lake worth area. And for those that travel with dogs. Are most places dog friendly or would it limit the places we could visit?

Dec 27, 2007
- - Aledo, TX
I guess you know that june july starts H------------- :eek:season.
Yes. June 1st through November 30th is Hurricane season. With july 9th being the average first named storm and Aug 10 being the first hurrican. so yes one needs to take the weather into account before crossing over. That being said June will have more stable weather and longer window openings then the winter months.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Keys Bound

About 30 sailboats from the PGSC are heading for the Keys on or around April 7
and I think about 6 sailboats will also head over to the Bahama's.
I wish I was one of them but will head over to Marathon and than up
Biscayne Bay.
Nick

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
....That being said June will have more stable weather ....
From fronts yes, but almost daily scattered thunder storms that can get real nasty if you are by one and if they aren't happening the wind is down in the summer from what I hear and it is going to start getting really humid-hot if it is at all like Florida,

Sumner

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links
[/FONT]

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Sumner

yes going past Bimini but really did not pay attention and had to leave the meeting early but having another one in a week and you can come.
Nick

May 16, 2007
Boatless ! 26 Ottawa, Ontario
Sorry. I don't mean to hijack this thread. I have done extensive research on sailing to the abacos but I still have a couple questions. My plan is to make the trip mid June thru mid July 2016. I will be trailering my Capri 26 from Texas. Where would one find a place to park his truck and trailer for a month? Probably around lake worth area. And for those that travel with dogs. Are most places dog friendly or would it limit the places we could visit?
A dog is no problem here. Best place to leave the truck is further south at http://southdademarina.com .

Have a good time !

Bob

Attachments

Jan 27, 2015
Morgan OI 41 Boynton Beach
Have made numerous crossings. Found it advantagous to go to Boca Raton inlet or to go to Hillsboro to cross, not too far south and good anchorage near the inlet. Making the 26 th crossing this May(this is my third boat). Enjoy MOW and areas around Marsh
Capt. Tom
S/V Chardonnay

May 16, 2007
Weather this week has been perfect ! We entertained friends on board from Toronto this week. They brought our new raw water pump. They fly home tomorrow afternoon so we are in a slip in Marsh Harbour tonight. Weather just continues to improve. We will start move west about middle on April I think.
We spent the afternoon swimming off the back of the boat anchored out off MOW, fantastic water !
Bob

Attachments

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
Brisk easterlies until late in the week.

As we came onto the little bahama bank, I could start to make out bottom in 50' of water. Easily see details in 30'. But having trouble making out details in the bottom of my glass of goombay smash tonite!

May 16, 2007
Brisk easterlies until late in the week.

As we came onto the little bahama bank, I could start to make out bottom in 50' of water. Easily see details in 30'. But having trouble making out details in the bottom of my glass of goombay smash tonite!
You must be on Green Turtle ! Enjoy, careful going through the Whale !
Keep an eye out for us, probably head over to Treasure Cay, Bob and Sherry

May 16, 2007
Good chat last night, enjoy your cruise, I hope the work does not interfere with your sailing .

We intend to stay here until the weekend and then start moving west with good weather.

Treasure Cay has a great beach, not a bad place to hang out at all....

Bob

Attachments

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
Thanks. safe travels to you.

We're anchored off Grabbers for more research :)

Had a great upwind sail in 15 knots.