ANL Fuses

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
BUSSMAN - 250 Amp ANL Wafer Fuse and Napa Fuse Block Terminal 80 Amp . These are what I was looking at. It's a bitch trying to get anything here in Toronto CAN. Shipping from the US is outrageous.

Bussman ANL 250 amp.png
Fuss 250 amp1.png

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
What? You don't do what the Canadians here on the west coast do?
Open a post office box across the boarder in the US.
When we were in Point Roberts we learned that the little point of land the sits beneath the 49th parallel is a major shipping hub. With the benefits of NAFTA, USA parcels are driven north across the border and then south into the enclave of US postal boxes. The local Canadians living in Vancouver day trip down to check their PO Box to see what goodies Amazon has delivered.
I have no idea what they do for declaration heading back north. I heard rumored that sometimes they are wearing 2-3 pairs of jeans. "Nothing to declare".

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
BUSSMAN - 250 Amp ANL Wafer Fuse and Napa Fuse Block Terminal 80 Amp . These are what I was looking at. It's a bitch trying to get anything here in Toronto CAN. Shipping from the US is outrageous.

View attachment 163878 View attachment 163880
All these fuses are available in Canada ,ANL and MRBF, MRBF are usually hooked up at the battery ,there by protecting the cable going out from short circuit. All are available with free delivery and bluesea buss bars ,ANL holders,ANL fuses, MRBF fuses and holders from Binnacle.ca 2 day delivery ,also available on amazon .ca

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Looks like you are putting the starting battery port side of the GC bank. Mine didn't look like I had the room.

May 2, 2012
I have everything setup. I have 3 questions.
1. On the switch below where should it be dialed to when charging or does it matter?

2. This picture shows 2 jumper cables. Is this standard. Mine looks just like the picture below, except for the jumpers. I have an ARC setup.

3. Should the Charger and Fuse be connected to the Positive (House) Terminal Bus bar or

the Positive House battery terminal post as in the picture supplied.

Attachments

Last edited:
May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
1) assume you mean charging- not changing. If you have ACR it doesn’t matter if not Both
2) that is the mainsail recommended state per Maine Sail
3) go to the buss bar

Les

May 2, 2012
1. Yes I mean charging.......... little typo. So it doesn't matter if it is on 1,2 or Both. OK
2. The ACR lines (both 80 amp fused) go to their Individual Positive Bus Bar Terminals - House Bank & Starter Battery.
3. Charger goes to the House Bank Positive Bus Bar Terminal.
4. Jumpers put as shown in supplied picture of charger.

Cheers & Thanks
2 OLD PIRATES