Anchor locker leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2005
Hunter 34 Lowestoft
Fuel gauge

I ordered the sender type SSS (I think it was 17 inch for the fuel tank but do check yours) and 2 at 14 inch for the water tanks. I ordered the under ring type FLS-U but couldn't work out how to fit it so I just screwed it down using self tapping screws directly into the polythene. I fitted the cork gasket that comes with it. I fitted the sender about 6 inches back from the front edge. If you fit an access hatch then you could bolt it to the top which would be a better job. The gauges I used were UPFR-BB. I ordered it all from wema direct. Good service. Did you find the photos in the Hunter 34 improvements page? Richard

Dec 12, 2005
Hunter 34 Lowestoft
Fuel gauge

I ordered the sender type SSS (I think it was 17 inch for the fuel tank but do check yours) and 2 at 14 inch for the water tanks. I ordered the under ring type FLS-U but couldn't work out how to fit it so I just screwed it down using self tapping screws directly into the polythene. I fitted the cork gasket that comes with it. I fitted the sender about 6 inches back from the front edge. If you fit an access hatch then you could bolt it to the top which would be a better job. The gauges I used were UPFR-BB. I ordered it all from wema direct. Good service. Did you find the photos in the Hunter 34 improvements page? Richard

D

Dan

Anchor locker drain

In our boat it was the drain hose that had a low apot and it frose then split. This is were I would look first. It's an easy fix.

D

Dan

Anchor locker drain

In our boat it was the drain hose that had a low apot and it frose then split. This is were I would look first. It's an easy fix.

Dec 3, 2003
Hunter Legend 37 Portsmouth, RI
Insert

Check inside the locker. I had the same problem in my L37. The inside of the locker is a glassed-in insert that developes hairline cracks where it was glassed. I sealed mine with a finger-applied silicone and the problem stopped.

Dec 3, 2003
Hunter Legend 37 Portsmouth, RI
Insert

Check inside the locker. I had the same problem in my L37. The inside of the locker is a glassed-in insert that developes hairline cracks where it was glassed. I sealed mine with a finger-applied silicone and the problem stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.