>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Bob, a handsome dude, walked into a sports bar around 9:58 pm. He sat down next to a blonde at the bar and stared up at the TV.
>
>
>
>
>
> The 10 pm news was coming on. The news crew was covering the story of a man on the ledge of a large building preparing to jump.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> The blonde looked at Bob and said, "Do you think he'll jump?"
>
>
>
> Bob said, "You know, I bet he'll jump.."
>
>
>
>
> The blonde replied, "Well, I bet he won't."
>
>
>
>
> Bob placed a $20 bill on the bar and said, "You're on!"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar, the guy on the ledge did a swan dive off the building, falling to his death.
>
>
>
>
> The blonde was very upset, but willingly handed her $20 to Bob, saying, "Fair's fair. Here's your money."
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Bob replied, "I can't take your money. I saw this earlier on the 5 pm news, and so I knew he would jump."
>
>
>
> The blonde replied, "I did too, but didn't think he'd do it again."
>
>
>
> Bob took the money...

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Grandma is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car. She writes:

Dear Grand-daughter,

The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a
'Honk if you love Jesus' bumper sticker ..

I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had just come from a
thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting..

So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper.

Boy, am I glad I did; what an uplifting experience that followed.

I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in
thought about the Lord and how good he is, and I didn't notice that the
light had changed.

It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't
honked, I'd never have noticed.

I found that lots of people love Jesus!

While I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy,
and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, 'For the love of
God!'

'Go! Go! Go! Jesus Christ, GO!'

What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus!

Everyone started honking!

I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all those
loving people.

I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!
;
There must have been a man from Floridaback there because I heard him
yelling something about a sunny beach.

I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger
stuck up in the air.

I asked my young teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant.

He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something.

Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii , so I leaned out the window
and gave him the good luck sign right back.

My grandson burst out laughing.

Why even he was enjoying this religious experience!!

A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that
they got out of their cars and started walking towards me.

I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is
when I noticed the light had changed.

So, grinning, I waved at all my brothers and sisters, and drove on
through the intersection.

I noticed that I was the only car that got through the intersection
before the light changed again and felt kind of sad that I had to leave
them after all the love we had shared.

So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the
Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away. Praise the Lord
for such wonderful folks!!

Will write again soon,

Love, Grandma

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
HER DIARY:
Tonight I thought my husband was behaving strangely. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; he said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior. I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. To my surprise, he responded to my caress, and we made love. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY:
Boat motor wouldn't start today. Can't figure it out. At least I got laid.

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom,
I stop at a rest area and head to the restroom.
<aoladp://MA21610586-0002/image0011.jpg>
I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

O k, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them
"No...I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously....

"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions

Cell phones, don't you just love them.

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between
grandmothers & grandfathers? Well here it is:

A friend, who worked away from home all week, always made a
special effort with his family on the weekends. Every Sunday
morning he would take his 7-year old Granddaughter out for a drive in the
car for some bonding time ... just he and his Granddaughter.

One particular Sunday however, he had a bad cold and really
didn't feel like being up at all. Luckily, his wife came to the rescue
and said that she would take their granddaughter out. When they
returned, the little girl anxiously ran upstairs to see her grandfather.

'Well, did you enjoy your ride with grandma?'

'Oh yes, Papa' the girl replied, and do you know what? We didn't see a
single dumb bastard, dip shit or horse's ass anywhere we went today!'

Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Spring Classes for Women at
THE
ADULT LEARNING CENTER
REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED
by Tuesday,May 26,2009
NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVEL
OF THEIR CONTENTS, CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS MAXIMUM.
Class 1
Up in Winter, Down in Summer - How to Adjust a Thermostat
Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.
Meets 4 wks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hrs beginning at 7:00 PM..
Class 2
Which Takes More Energy - Putting the Toilet Seat Down, or Bitching About It for 3 Hours?
Round Table Discussion.
Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 for 2 hours.
Class 3
Is It Possible To Drive Past a Wal-Mart Without Stopping?--Group Debate.
Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.
Class 4
Fundamental Differences Between a Purse and a Suitcase--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
Meets Saturdays at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.
Class 5
Curling Irons--Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Bathroom Cabinet?
Examples on Video.
Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning
at 7:00 PM
Class 6
How to Ask Questions During Commercials and Be Quiet During the Program.
Help Line Support and Support Groups.
Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM
Class 7
Can a Bath Be Taken Without 14 Different Kinds of Soaps and Shampoos?
Open Forum.
Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours.
Class 8
Health Watch--They Make Medicine for PMS - USE IT!
Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.
Class 9
I Was Wrong and He Was Right!--Real Life Testimonials.
Tuesdays at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.
Class 10
How to Parallel Park In Less Than 20 Minutes Without an Insurance Claim.
Driving Simulations.
4 weeks, Saturday's noon, 2 hours.
Class 11
Learning to Live--How to Apply Brakes Without Throwing Passengers Through the Windshield.
Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, location to be determined
Class 12
How to Shop by Yourself.
Meets 4 wks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.
Class 13
How to Fight Cerebral Atrophy--Remembering To Take a List To The Store, Avoiding Separate Trips for Each Item Needed.
Cerebral Shock Therapy Sessions and Full Lobotomies Offered.
Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.
Class 14
The Stove/Oven--What It Is and How It Is Used.
Live Demonstration.
Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, location to be determined.

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
INTERESTING HISTORY LESSON

Railroad tracks.. This is fascinating.

Be sure to read the final paragraph; your understanding of it will depend on the earlier part of the content.

The US standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8.5 inches. That's an exceedingly odd number.

Why was that gauge used? Because that's the way they built them in England, and English expatriates built the US railroads.

Why did the English build them like that? Because the first rail lines were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad tramways, and that's the gauge they used.

Why did 'they' use that gauge then? Because the people who built the tramways used the same jigs and tools that they use d for building wagons, which used that wheel spacing.

Why did the wagons have that particular odd wheel spacing? Well, if they tried to use any other spacing, the wagon wheels would break on some of the old, long distance roads in England, because that's the spacing of the wheel ruts.

So who built those old rutted roads? Imperial Rome built the first long distance roads in Europe (andEngland ) for their legions. The roads have been used ever since.

And the ruts in the roads? Roman war chariots formed the initial ruts, which everyone else had to match for fear of destroying their wagon wheels. Since the chariots were made for Imperial Rome, they were all alike in the matter of wheel spacing. Therefore the United States standard railroad gauge of 4 feet, 8.5 inches is derived from the original specifications for an Imperial Roman war chariot.. Bureaucracies live forever.

So the next time you are handed a specification/ procedure/process and wonder 'What horse's ass came up with it?', you may be exactly right. Imperial Roman army chariots were made just wide enough to accommodate the rear ends of two war horses. (Two horse's asses.) Now, the twist to the story:

When you see a Space Shuttle sitting on its launch pad, there are two big booster rockets attached to the sides of the main fuel tank. These are solid rocket boosters, or SRB's. The SRB's are made by Thiokol at their factory in Utah . The engineers who designed the SRB's would have preferred to make them a bit fatter, but the SRB's had to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site.. The railroad line from the factory happens to run through a tunnel in the mountains, and the SRB's had to fit through that tunnel. The tunnel is slightly wider than the railroad track, and the railroad track, as you now know, is about as wide as two horses' behinds.

So, a major Space Shuttle design feature of what is arguably the world's most advanced transportation system was determined over two thousand years ago by the width of a horse's ass. And you thought being a horse's ass wasn't important? Ancient horse's asses control almost everything... and
CURRENT Horses Asses are controlling everything else.

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
The madam opened the brothel door in Duluth & saw a rather dignified,

well-dressed, good-looking man in his late 40's or early 50's.

'May I help you sir?' she asked.

'I want to see Valerie,' the man replied.

'Sir, Valerie is one of our most expensive ladies. Perhaps you would

prefer someone else', said the madam.

'No, I must see Valerie,' he replied.

Just then, Valerie appeared & announced to the man she charged $5,000 a

visit. Without hesitation, the man pulled out $5,000 & gave it to

Valerie, & they went upstairs. After an hour, the man calmly left.

The next night, the man appeared again, once more demanding to see

Valerie. Valerie explained that no one had ever come back 2 nights in a

row as she was too expensive. But there were no discounts. The price

was still $5,000.

Again, the man pulled out the money, gave it to Valerie, & they went

upstairs. After an hour, he left.

The following night, the man was there yet again.

Everyone was astounded that he had come for a 3rd consecutive night, but

he paid Valerie & they went upstairs..

After their session, Valerie questioned the man, 'No one has ever been

with me 3 nights in a row. Where are you from?' she asked.

The man replied, ' Minneapolis '.

'Really', she said. 'I have family in Minneapolis .'

'I know.' the man said. 'Your sister died, & I am her attorney.

She asked me to give you your $15,000 inheritance.'

The moral of the story is that 3 things in life are certain:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. Being screwed by a lawyer....

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
The Pope

It was late at night as the Pope, who had departed this world, was approaching the gates of heaven. There was no one around, but there was a small shack just prior to the gates with a light on. The Pope stepped into the shack and startled a young man half asleep sitting at a small gray desk.

"Excuse me" said the Pope, "but I'm supposed to check in here with St. Peter, but there is no one at the gate."

"Yea, Yea" said the young man, "Where are your orders?"

"I don't have any orders," said the Pope.

"Well it's too late to check in tonight anyhow." said the young man, "Just go around to the back of the building, find a rack and dump your gear in a locker. St. Peter will be here in the morning and you can check in then."

The Pope grabs his stuff and walks around the building only to find a WWII style open bay barracks. The racks are stacked three high and the only open one is all the way at the end of the building, and it is on top. He drags his stuff to the end of the building, but there is no locker for him. He takes a deep breath, thinks about it for a minute and decides this is just one final test. He crawls up into the rack and falls asleep.

Suddenly he is awakened by a loud commotion outside the barracks. As he walks outside he sees a huge crowd of angels cheering and clapping as a gold convertible limousine approaches. As it draws nearer, the Pope sees a guy in a flight suit and Navy leather flight jacket in the back seat with a beautiful angel on each arm, a beer in his hand and he is smoking one of the biggest cigars the Pope has ever seen. The Pope turns to the young man who checked him in and asks, "Who is that guy?"

"A Naval Aviator," the young man replies.

The Pope says, "I don't get it. I worked hard all of my life to do God's work on earth. As a young man I studied hard at the seminary, as a priest I labored hard to tend my flock and provide guidance when they strayed. I struggled as a bishop to serve the church and as Pope, I was able to attract more followers of the faith. Yet, when I reach heaven, St. Peter isn't here to greet me. I have to carry my own bags. I'm stuck in the top rack of an open bay barracks and I don't even have a locker for my bags!"

The young man looks at the Pope and says. "Look, we get a Pope every 20-30 years, but he is the only Naval Aviator who has ever made it!"

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
A 3-year-old tells all from his mother's restroom stall.

My little guy, Cade, is quite a talker. He loves to communicate and does it quite well. He talks to people constantly, whether we are in the library, the grocery store or at a drive-thru window. People often comment on how clearly he speaks for a just-turned-3-year-old. And you never have to ask him to turn up the volume. It's always fully cranked. There have been several embarrassing times that I've wished the meaning of his words would have been masked by a not-so-audible voice, but never have I wished this more than last week at Costco.

Halfway, through our shopping trip, nature called, so I took Cade with me into the restroom. If you'd been one of the ladies in the restroom that evening, this is what you would have heard coming from the second to the last stall:

''Mommy, are you gonna go potty? Oh! Why are you putting toiwet paper on the potty, Mommy? Oh! You gonna sit down on da toiwet paper now? Mommy, what are you doing? Mommy, are you gonna go stinkies on the potty?''

At this point I started mentally counting how many women had been in the bathroom when I walked in. Several stalls were full ... 4? 5? Maybe we could wait until they all left before I had to make my debut out of this stall and reveal my identity.

Cade continued: ''Mommy, you ARE going stinkies aren't you? Oh, dats a good girl, Mommy! Are you gonna get some candy for going stinkies on the potty? Let me see doze stinkies, Mommy! Oh...Mommy! I'm trying to see In dere. Oh! I see dem. Dat is a very good girl, Mommy. You are gonna get some candy!''

I heard a few faint chuckles coming from the stalls on either side of me. Where is a screaming new born when you need her? Good grief. This was really getting embarrassing. I was definitely waiting a long time before exiting. Trying to divert him, I said, ''Why don't you look in Mommy's purse and see if you can find some candy. We'll both have some!''

''No, I'm trying to see doze more stinkies...Oh! Mommy!''

He started to gag at this point.

''Uh - oh, Mommy. I fink I'm gonna frow up. Mommy, doze stinkies are making me frow up!! Dat is so gross!!''

As the gags became louder, so did the chuckles outside my stall.. I quickly flushed the toilet in hopes of changing the
subject. I began to reason with myself: OK There are four other toilets. If I count four flushes, I can be reasonably assured that those who overheard this embarrassing monologue will be long gone.

''Mommy! Would you get off the potty, now? I want you to be done going stinkies! Get up! Get up!''

He grunted as he tried to pull me off. Now I could hear full-blown laughter. I bent down to count the feet outside my door. ''Oh, are you wooking under dere, Mommy? You wooking under da door? What were you wooking at? Mommy? You wooking at the wady's feet?''

More laughter. I stood inside the locked door and tried to assess the situation.
''Mommy, it's time to wash our hands, now. We have to go out now, Mommy.'' He started pounding on the door. ''Mommy, don't you want to wash your hands? I want to go out!!''

I saw that my wait 'em out' plan was unraveling. I sheepishly opened the door, and found standing outside my stall, twenty to thirty ladies crowded around the stall, all smiling and starting to applaud.

My first thought was complete embarrassment, then I thought, where's the fine print on the 'motherhood contract' where I signed away every bit of my dignity and privacy? But as my little boy gave me a big, cheeky grin while he rubbed bubbly soap between his chubby little hands, I thought, I'd sign it all away again, just to be known as Mommy to this little fellow.

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
A little girl asked her Mom, 'Mom, may I take the dog for a walk
around the block?'

Mom replies, 'No, because she is in heat.'

'What's that mean?' asked the child.

Go ask your father. I think he's in the garage.'

The little girl goes to the garage and says, 'Dad, may I take Belle
for a
walk around the block? I asked Mom, but she said the dog was in
heat, and to
come to you.'

Dad said, 'Bring Belle over here.' He took a rag, soaked it with
gasoline,
and scrubbed the dog's backside with it to disguise the scent, and
said 'OK,
you can go now, but keep Belle on the leash and only go one time
round the
block.'

The little girl left and returned a few minutes later with no dog
on the
leash. Surprised, Dad asked, 'Where's Belle?'

( YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! )

The little girl said, 'She ran out of gas about halfway down the
block, so
another dog is pushing her home.'

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Subject: FW: That's how the fight started

One year, a husband decided to buy his mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a holiday gift.

The next year, he didn't buy her a gift.

When she asked him why, he replied,

"Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

And that's how the fight started.....

My wife walked into the den & asked

"What's on the TV?" I replied "Dust".

A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she sees and says to her

husband, "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment."

The husband replies, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary. She said, "I want something shiny

that goes from 0 to 200 in about 3 seconds." I bought her a scale.

And that's how the fight started......

I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?"

It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.

"Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.

So I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"

And that's when the fight started....

My wife and I are watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed. I turned to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?"

"No," she answered.

I then said, "Is that your final answer?"

She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying "Yes.."

So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."

And that's when the fight started....

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive. So, I took her to a gas station.

And that's when the fight started.....

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Light for

$14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95. I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream.

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken lady swigging

her drink as she sat alone at a nearby table.

My wife asked, "Do you know her?"

"Yes," I sighed, "She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she hasn't been sober since."

"My God!" says my wife. "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"

I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car.

You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed, and little things just seem funny?

Yeah, well, I couldn't believe it. He was a DWARF!!!

He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, "I AM NOT HAPPY!!!"

So, I looked down at him and said, "Well, then which one are

you?"

I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason,

took my order first. "I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please."

He said , "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"

"Nah, she can order for herself."

And that's when the fight started...

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Grandma & Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa were visiting
their kids overnight.

When Grandpa found a bottle of Viagra in
his son's medicine cabinet, he asked
about using one of the pills.

The son said, "I don't think you should
take one Dad; they're very strong and very expensive."

"How much?" asked Grandpa.

"$10.00 a pill," Answered the son.

"I don't care," said Grandpa, "I'd still like to
try one , and before we leave in the
morning, I'll put the money
under the pillow."

Later the next morning, the son found
$110 under the pillow. He called
Grandpa and said, "I told
you each pill was
$10, not $110.

"I know," said Grandpa. "The
hundred is from
Grandma!"

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Absolutely the funniest joke ever...ON US !!!
* Let it sink in. * Quietly we go like sheep to slaughter.
Does anybody out there have any memory of the reason given for the
establishment of the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY ..... during the Carter
Administration?
* Anybody? * Anything? * No? * Didn't think so !
Bottom line .. we've spent several hundred billion dollars in support
of an agency ... the reason for which not one person who reads this can
remember. Ready??????? It was very simple. . and at the time everybody thought it very
appropriate... The 'Department of Energy' was instituted on 8- 04-1977 TO LESSEN OUR DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL.
Hey, pretty efficient, huh?????

AND NOW IT'S 2009, 32 YEARS LATER ... AND THE BUDGET FOR THIS NECESSARY DEPARTMENT IS AT $24.2 + BILLION A YEAR
IT HAS 16,000 FEDERAL EMPLOYEES AND APPROXIMATELY 100,000 CONTRACT EMPLOYEES AND LOOK AT THE JOB IT HAS DONE!
Funniest Joke Ever !
On Us.....

THIS IS WHERE YOU SLAP YOUR FOREHEAD AND SAY 'WHAT WAS I THINKING?' Ah, yes, good ole bureaucracy..
And NOW we are going to turn the Banking System, health care & the Auto
Industry over to them? God Help Us !!!

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
prison vs work
@ PRISON
You spend most of your time in a 10X10 cell
@ WORK
You spend most of your time in a 6X6 cubicle
@ PRISON
You get three fully paid for meals a day
@ WORK
You get a break for one meal, and you have to pay for it
@ PRISON
For good behavior, you get time off
@ WORK
For good behavior, you get more work
@ PRISON
The guard locksand unlocks all the doors for you
@ WORK
You must carry a security cardand open all the doors yourself
@ PRISON
You can watch TV and play games
@ WORK
You could get fired for watching
TV and playing games
@ PRISON
You get your own toilet
@ WORK
You have to share the toilet with
people who pee on the seat
@ PRISON
They allow your family and friends to visit
@ WORK
You aren't even supposed
to speak to your family
@ PRISON
All expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required on your part
@ WORK
You must pay all your expenses to go
to work, and they deduct taxes from
your salary to pay for prisoners
@ PRISON
You spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out
@ WORK
You spend most of your time wanting
to get out and go inside bars
@ PRISON
You must deal with sadistic wardens
@ WORK
They are called 'managers'

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Subject: How would you pronounce this child's name?

How would you pronounce this child's name?

"Le-a"

Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO NO NO
Lei?? Guess Again

This child attends a school in Detroit, MI..

Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. It's pronounced "Ledasha", When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent."

SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce the dash.

If they axe you why, tell them the dash don't be silent.

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
MAN OF THE HOUSE
>
>
>
> A husband had just finished reading a new book entitled, "You Can Be THE
> Man of Your House."
>
>
>
> He stormed to his wife in the kitchen and announced, "From now on, you need to know that I am the man of this house and my word is Law. You
> will prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm done eating my meal, you will serve me a scrumptious dessert. After dinner, you are
> going to go upstairs with me and we will have the kind of sex that I want!
>
>
> Afterwards, you are going to draw me a bath so I can relax. You will
> wash my back and towel me dry and bring me my robe. Then, you will massage my feet and hands. Then tomorrow, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair?"
>
>
>
>
> The wife replied, "The f------ funeral director would be my first guess."

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
ONLY A MAN WOULD ATTEMPT THIS, THIS IS ANOTHERS STORY NOT MINE
>
>
>
> Just try reading this without laughing till
> you cry!!!
>
>
> Pocket
> Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who
> purchased his lovely wife a pocket Tazer for their
> anniversary submitted this:
>
>
> Last
> weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn
> Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th
> anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra
> for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt,
> pocket/purse- sized tazer. The effects of the tazer were
> supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect
> on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to
> safety.... (??)
>
>
> WAY TOO
> COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it
> home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and
> pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned,
> however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against
> a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arc
> of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
>
>
>
> AWESOME!!!
>
>
> Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to
> Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
>
>
>
> Okay, so
> I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that
> it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A
> batteries, right? There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie
> looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was
>
> reading
> the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this
> thing out
> on a
> flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought
> about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and
> thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was
> going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself
> against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would
> work as advertised. Am I wrong?
>
> So,
> there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my
> reading glasses
> perched
> delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand,
> and tazer in another. The directions said that a one-second
> burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a
> two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a
> major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would
> purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a
> fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would
> be wasting the batteries. All the while I'm looking at
> this little device measuring about 5" long, less than
> 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded
> with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself,
> 'no possible way!' What happened next is almost
> beyond description, but I'll do my best.. .?
>
>
> I'm
> sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked
> to one side as to say, 'don't do it dipstick,'
> reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny little
> ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give
> myself a
> one
> second burst just for heck of it. I touched the prongs to my
> naked thigh,
> pushed
> the button, and . HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . WEAPONS OF
> MASS DESTRUCTION . . .
>
> I'm
> pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door,
> picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on
> the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall
> waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my
> eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicals
> nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body
> in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs? The cat was
> making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to
> a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an
> attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all
> over the living room. Note: If you ever feel compelled to
> 'mug' yourself with a tazer, one note of
> caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when
> you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing
> until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing
> about on the floor.. A three second burst
> would be considered conservative?
>
> A minute
> or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative
> thing at that
> point),
> I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and
> surveyed the
> landscape. My bent reading glasses were
> on the mantel of the fireplace. The recliner was
> upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally
> was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still
> twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with
> Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control
> over the drooling.
>
>
> Apparently I pooped on myself, but was
> too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone. I
> saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came
> from my hair. I'm still looking for my testicals and
> I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!
>
>
>
> P.S. - My wife, can't stop
> laughing about my experience, loved the gift, and now
> regularly threatens me with it!
>
> If
> you think education is difficult, try being stupid!

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
On the farm lived a chicken and a horse, both of whom loved to play together.

One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink.

Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get the farmer for help!

Off the chicken ran, back to the farm. Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor.

Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley.

Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life.

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him.

After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and, with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse!

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals.

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life!

The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle.

Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thingy and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story?

(yep, you betcha, there is a moral!)

'When You're Hung Like A Horse, You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks!

Jun 8, 2004
Irwin 37CC Regent Point
Subject: 5 year old's first job

Here's a truly heartwarming story about the bond formed between a little
5-year-old girl and some construction workers that will make you believe
that we all can make a difference when we give a child the gift of our
time.

A young family moved into a house, next to a vacant lot. One day, a
Construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all
the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.

Eventually the construction crew, all of them "gems-in-the-rough," more or less, adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay envelope
containing ten dollars. The little girl took this home to her mother who
suggested that she take her ten dollars "pay" she'd received to the bank
the next day to start a savings account.

When the girl and her mom got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age. The little girl proudly replied,
"I worked last week with a real construction crew building the new house next door to us."

"Oh my goodness gracious," said the teller, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will, if those
a**holes at Home Depot ever deliver the f**kin' sheet rock..."

Kind of brings a tear to the eye - doesn't it?