Activities between Sailing

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
The tomatoes are ripening along with the basil, a little fresh mozzarella, voila a meal. Working with yellow tomatoes waiting for the reds to ripen.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
It it can't be folded and eaten, then it is just some dough with red sauce on it. :cool:

Thin crust, baked almost to the point of burning, a thin layer of a well seasoned tomato sauce, some red pepper and good whole milk mozzarella, bubbling away. That's a pizza.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
No way I can get to the boat till after Labor Day Weekend.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
We were working on a wet deal, but the timing isn't there, so it'll be a quick trip to the bakery and Fish on Fifth.

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 28 East Tawas
Many years ago while anchored at Turnbull Island in Lake Huron's North Channel my wife and I went ashore and picked blue berries on the island. We took them back to the boat and she made a blueberry/rum reduction pancake syrup. The next morning the syrup cascaded over our pancakes as birds sang in the trees in the early morning. Blueberries are good, sailing is good. Blueberries AND sailing are awesome.

ToddS

Sep 11, 2017
Beneteau 373 Cape Cod
We got 20 gallons of honey, at about 12 lbs per gallon, so about 240 pounds of honey. :thumbup: Our first time using the extractor centrifuge.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Visited (as a tourist) a honey farm (really it was also a pear and quince orchard) last year in Greece, and they had hand-cranked not motorized spinning that we got to see/try... I never knew how that was done before. Very cool and delicious... we bought and crammed quite a few pounds of honey (and quince/honey jam) into our luggage for the trip back home. Mmmm...