Activities between Sailing

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Anyone like auto racing and near Detroit Lakes, MN ?
We (nephew's rally team) will be racing in the Ojibwe Forest Rally again this month.
I'm head wrench monkey without applying.

2019-08-02_07-50-52-1.jpg

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Just guessing here, but have you also been volunteered as a financial sponser?

Do you get your name on the car?
Fortunately no financial support from me.
Just advice & mechanical skills/labour.

He was hinting that he wanted me as co-driver, with name on the window, but I suggested others instead. This race we have a great codriver from out west . it remains to be seen who steps into that job permanently.

If I had a lot of spare cash I'd bulld my own car and we could field two cars. Who knows, maybe once I have a bunch of other crap dealt with. The risk is it would kill any sailing, which is NOT an option. Can we extend the season please ?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It is just a matter of choice. Having one car is a hobby, two cars a mission, three race cars an obsession... Beyond that it is either a dynasty or insanity...

Think Petty or Earnhardt or Allison.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
This year veggie garden is making too many cucumbers. So far this year ≈80 pounds!:doh:

What the heck do we do with so many cucumbers?
Pickels.jpeg

I was chatting with @jssailem on iPhone while I was making these.

Note how to detect when the sealed canned pickling process is done and ready to eat...
The right 2 quarts show a fresh cucumber "floating" in the vinegar/brine solution.
When the fresh water inside the cucumber, has exchanged with the spiced up brine, they will sink!:):)

Very crispy snack while boating...
Y'all come down for a free quart of excellent and a bit spicy home grown pickles.

Jim and Sue...

PS: See you passed through too fast @Will Gilmore on way to Jazz Fest.:p

PSS: That picture was about 20 lbs of cucumbers.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Our "slicer pickles " above center jars, is what makes a Cheese BLT wonderful.:)
____

I'll bite... [pun intended]

What are those?
Jim...
It’s tomatoes and onions and spices in a pie shell covered (smothered) with a mixture of grated cheese and Dukes mayonnaise. I love my wife’s tomato pie as much as her blueberry French toast. It’s particularly good with fresh sweet corn on the cob. Actually it’s particularly good with everything I’ve had it with. (I’ve never tried it with blueberry French toast.)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Tomato pie sounds good.
We have made tomato wine. It's great for cooking. Not exactly my favorite as a straight sipping wine.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Tomato pie sounds good.
We have made tomato wine. It's great for cooking. Not exactly my favorite as a straight sipping wine.

-Will (Dragonfly)
It’s a savory dish. Not a dessert at all. But dang it’s good.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I had to look up a Tomato Pie recipe.
unnamed-2.jpg

Lot of cheese and well we all know everything is better with...
BACON!!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Isn't a tomato pie a pizza?
The girl at the liquor store at Tablerock lake in Missouri shared a recipe for chocolate cake made with Guinness beer. it sounded great. I don't cook so I promptly forgot it :(