2011 O'day rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Sick of snow and cold weather? Here's a warm thought to help get you through the winter....

THE 2011 O'DAY OWNERS RONDAYVOUS!

It's official. The 9th annual rOnDAYvous will be held July 15-17 at Newport Yacht Club & Marina in Jersey City, NJ.

It's my homeport, and I'll be delighted to serve as on-site host for the big get-together. There's plenty to do, both on site and just across the river in the Big Apple. (We have a field trip or two in mind.) Lots of good eats, good shopping nearby, and all with a million-dollar view of the world's greatest skyline.

Marina management is setting aside plenty of slips for the O'day fleet, and I can assure you that the hospitality we'll enjoy is the equal of any we've been shown to date.

Mark the dates on your calendar NOW -- in pen! As the weeks pass, more info will be forthcoming, along with the return of The rOnDAYvous Report e-newsletter.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait!

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Attachments

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
I can't wait....already planning......FI inlet to Sheepshead Bay on Thursday then Friday morning head for Jersey

Nov 11, 2008
Oday 34 Noank, CT
The admiral has school in the evenings now. We have to see when her month of vacation is. :neutral:

We'll keep our fingers crossed

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
I'll certainly try to be there, though I doubt YOT will be. I'd be willing to trade Oday emblems for sailing. At the very least I will send a sack of 'em anyway.

Jun 2, 2004
With or without O'day emblems for trade, you'd be virtually assured of opportunities to go sailing on OPB's. So c'mon down!

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 40 New Bern
For those coming from the Eastern end of LIS, Kukulcan will be leaving probably Wednesday unless we try to take in some of the attractions along the way. I haven't checked Eldridge's yet to check the Est River currents. They will have a lot to do with our arrival time at Newport. In any case, we monitor Chs 16 and 9 all the way and would love to travel in company with anyone else.
Bill Coxe, O40 Kukulcan, New Bern, NC

estopa

Feb 27, 2008
Oday 222 Milford, CT
Bill if you stop by Milford or Bridgeport you maybe able to meet up with Me (milford) or Bob (bridgeport) on Wed or Thurs.

I didn't pick up the elderidge yet but went on NOAA to get a feel:
[FONT=&quot] Currents – [FONT=&quot]http://www.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/currents11/cpred2.html#CT[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Tides - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/tides11/tpred2.html#CT[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Leave Milford on Thursday around 8am to take maximum high tide current going west to City Island. From around 1pm to 5pm I will be going against the current but only 1.2 knots, might have to motorsail. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Leave[FONT=&quot] City Island on Friday to make High Tide at Throgs Neck 12:42pm and ride current down East River by (Slack Water at 2:09pm, Low Tide 3:13pm at Battery Park) when current reverses and you can ride up to Jersey City in current (Strongest by 4:36pm).[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Leave New York on Sunday no earlier than (Slack Water 9:17am, High Tide - 10:39am) to make to Throgs Neck bridge by (Slack Water by 12:03, High Tide at 2:09pm). Take out tide no earlier than 2:09pm at Throgs Neck to Milford by low tide 7:39pm, slack time 10:09.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Extras. Sail around Statue of Liberty on Saturday no earlier than 9:52am and no later than 4pm. By 4pm you have to plan on coming back on High tide current.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Newport[FONT=&quot] Yacht Club and Marina
[/FONT]http://www.newportnj.com/amenities/yacht-club-and-marina
http://www.igy-newport.com/
[/FONT]

Salty

Dec 2, 2008
Catalina 390 14 Perth Amboy, NJ
Sounds like a good idea. Most likely will be able to make it. will let you know either way.

Apr 16, 2007
- - Bridgeport, CT
It's me nauticalrich out of Bridgeport. Looks like several of us will meet up for the trip.
More fun when you sail in a flotilla.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Any one from the South Shore of Long Island??? we're planning to sail from Fire Island Inlet to Sheepshead Bay for the first leg and then to Newport the next day.....I hope to round up a few Odayers from the my club and the more the merrier

Jun 2, 2004
Any one from the South Shore of Long Island??? we're planning to sail from Fire Island Inlet to Sheepshead Bay for the first leg and then to Newport the next day.....I hope to round up a few Odayers from the my club and the more the merrier
Bob,

I'll round up a few names and contact info of possible (or likely) South Shore travelers, in case you want to do some personal reaching out. It would be awesome to have a small fleet of O'days slicing through the waters under the V-N Bridge. See you there.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
The year's first issue of "The rOnDAYvous Report" is now ready. If you're not on the event e-mail address list, get me your contact info (on or off this board) and I'll have you back in the loop in no time.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
The latest tally shows 20 boats/owners committed to attending (not counting drive-ins). If you haven't already signed up -- i.e., contacted me on- or off-list -- what the heck are you waiting for?

We're looking to make this the biggest, and best, rOnDAYvous ever. Don't miss out.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
estopa said:
Leave City Island on Friday to make High Tide at Throgs Neck 12:42pm and ride current down East River by (Slack Water at 2:09pm, Low Tide 3:13pm at Battery Park) when current reverses and you can ride up to Jersey City in current (Strongest by 4:36pm).

Leave New York on Sunday no earlier than (Slack Water 9:17am, High Tide - 10:39am) to make to Throgs Neck bridge by (Slack Water by 12:03, High Tide at 2:09pm). Take out tide no earlier than 2:09pm at Throgs Neck to Milford by low tide 7:39pm, slack time 10:09.

Extras. Sail around Statue of Liberty on Saturday no earlier than 9:52am and no later than 4pm. By 4pm you have to plan on coming back on High tide current.
Does this look about right? It would fit in perfectly with my plans. I might even have a crew this year.

Jun 2, 2004
Does this look about right? It would fit in perfectly with my plans. I might even have a crew this year.
Go for it, Ruidh! I'm sure we could hook you up with a traveling flotilla in one or both directions, and you'll have a grand ol' time, for sure.

If Roy Murphy can do it in his 23, with only a 6-year-old as crew, you can, too.

See you in Jersey City. Be sure to confirm with me and make a reservation with Newport Marina.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Oops! I didn't realize that Ruidh was YOU, Roy. My bad.

Cheesy explanation: it's early, and I'm only on my second cup of java.

Like I said, see you in July.

Pete

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
I'm just not as rugged and self-reliant as Roy Murphy. ;)

Jun 2, 2004
Not to worry. Your secret identity/alter ego is safe with me.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.