2011 O'day rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
The April edition of The rOnDAYvous Report is now out. If you're not on the mailing list for the July get-together, you don't know what you're mizzen. Send me your e-address, on- or off-list, to get back in the loop.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Roger that

We will be attending the rOnDayvous. ODay 25 "Wind Seeker". Please add my info to your list
Ernest Schlesinger
ebsail@optonline.net
I had you as an affirmative from the O'day group on Facebook. This clinches the deal. E-newsletters to follow. Check your inbox.

Looking forward to meeting you, cap'n.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Salty

Dec 2, 2008
Catalina 390 14 Perth Amboy, NJ
Capn Pete,
I am confirming that I'll be there from Friday to Sunday. Thinking of leaving Mt Sinai on Thursday to City Island, hooking up with others from for the City Isl to NJ sail. I'll make the reservation with the Newport Marina.

See you in July

Salty

Jun 2, 2004
Capn Pete,
I am confirming that I'll be there from Friday to Sunday. Thinking of leaving Mt Sinai on Thursday to City Island, hooking up with others from for the City Isl to NJ sail. I'll make the reservation with the Newport Marina.

See you in July

Salty
Awesome!

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Salty

Dec 2, 2008
Catalina 390 14 Perth Amboy, NJ
Reservation is made with Newport Marina so the count down begins. It should be fun to be amoung a great bunch of Odayers for the weekend!

Jun 2, 2004
Reservation is made with Newport Marina so the count down begins. It should be fun to be amoung a great bunch of Odayers for the weekend!
Way to go, Salty. It oughta be a blast.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
How do we make a reservation for a slip at the roundevous?
In the April edition of The rOnDAYvous Report newsletter, which I know I sent to you, there is an item on Page 3 titled "Recommended Reading," which links you to the online arrival guide for Newport Marina. The guide has information on booking a slip.

For those who didn't get the newsletter (tsk, tsk), you can call general manager Greg Holochwost at 201-626-5556, or e-mail gholochwost@igymarinas.com.

See you there. Enjoy the trip down the Hudson.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
I was making up my 2011 Sailing calendar and I noticed that July 15th is a full moon. Maybe I should do the East River on Thursday night if the tides are good.

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
So anyway what all is going on at this thing? Exhibitors, vendors, lunatics like me sharing repair techniques. Never been to one but definately looking forward to my first.

estopa

Feb 27, 2008
Oday 222 Milford, CT
Sounds like most are meeting up at City Island on Thursday night to head to Newport Marina on Friday.

Whats the majority on heading back to City Island? Sunday? or Monday? Just trying to plan my trip back. thx.

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
I was making up my 2011 Sailing calendar and I noticed that July 15th is a full moon. Maybe I should do the East River on Thursday night if the tides are good.
Roy, that was fun going down the river at night the last time. I also looked into it, but it would be rather late to catch a favorable current, Thursday night.

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
I was quite glad I finally chose to go along. But, the tides determine all.

Are people planning on taking a mooring at HYC or just dropping the hook? City Island is less than an hour from my mooring.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
So anyway what all is going on at this thing? Exhibitors, vendors, lunatics like me sharing repair techniques. Never been to one but definately looking forward to my first.
You will fit right in (trust me) and like most you'll be planning vacations around this event which historically has been the 3rd week in July :)

Jun 2, 2004
You will fit right in (trust me) and like most you'll be planning vacations around this event which historically has been the 3rd week in July :)
Couldn't have said it better myself, Bob. Thanks for stepping up.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

ebsail

Nov 28, 2010
O day 25 Nyack. New York
Just made a reservation for the Jersey City Rendevous. Are there any activities planned and for when?
Ernie- ODay 25

Jun 2, 2004
Just made a reservation for the Jersey City Rendevous. Are there any activities planned and for when?
Ernie- ODay 25
Great to hear, Ernie! Planned "activities," such as they are, include a dockside welcome party on Friday night (basically, a great big pot-luck progressive pigout -- everybody brings a little something and all share in the goodies). Saturday will likely include a trip (for those interested) to either the Intrepid museum, Ellis Island or the Statue of Liberty. Also, dinghy racing in the marina will be held in the afternoon. Saturday night includes our annual dinner (details TBD, but probably off-site) and the annual "rehearsal" of the O'day Strung-Out String Band (if you or your crew are at all musical, bring an instrument or your voice and get ready to dive in).

FYI, Saturday and Sunday mornings, complimentary bagels, coffee and juice are provided by the marina, in the club room.

Other activity ideas are still in development, and other suggestions are always welcomed.

Pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
T-hee-hee...

The order for 2011 rOnDAYvous t-shirts is about to be placed with the vendor. Don't miss out! Order yours today.

Orders are being handled once again by Rick Bartlett. E-mail him directly at rjchaplett@gmail.com. Each shirt will include custom-designed chest and sleeve logos. The cost is just $15 per item. (Add $2 for XXL, or $3 for XXXL.)

Payment will be in cash at the rOnDAYvous. Contact Rick for details if you wish to pay by check (not preferred) or have the shirt shipped to you.

Don't delay! Orders must be in by June 30.

pete
s/v EmmieLou (O-322)
Little Silver, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.