1990 2GM20F issues - HELP!

May 19, 2020
Hunter 30-2 Quincy
Boston Fuel Injection, Charlestown MA
They are part of a larger marine service shop that can do other boat work. They seem to do a lot of heavy duty work on big engines but were happy to take my little project on. Based on this project I would definitely recommend them.
I thought the prices were reasonable - $350 for the injection pump rebuild and $120 each for the injectors to be rebuilt. Genuine Yanmar parts.

Sep 30, 2019
C&C 34 Bellingham
Boston Fuel Injection, Charlestown MA
They are part of a larger marine service shop that can do other boat work. They seem to do a lot of heavy duty work on big engines but were happy to take my little project on. Based on this project I would definitely recommend them.
I thought the prices were reasonable - $350 for the injection pump rebuild and $120 each for the injectors to be rebuilt. Genuine Yanmar parts.
Yes they sound like good folks to work with. I had the same symptoms on our 2qm15 and a new pump was the fix. The original source was crud in the fuel tank cause by lack of maintenance and use by the previous owner. I couldn't believe it was that bad. Anyway I ended up replacing pretty much the whole fuel system because I didn't clean out the tank when I first bought the boat.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Bad injector and injector pump......what scenarios could cause the simultaneous failure of both ( outside of normal wear and tear over time) and should there be some preventive measures taken when coming across this?

Sep 30, 2019
C&C 34 Bellingham
Bad injector and injector pump......what scenarios could cause the simultaneous failure of both ( outside of normal wear and tear over time) and should there be some preventive measures taken when coming across this?
Contaminated fuel is probably the culprit. You should probably go through the boats whole fuel system and prove that it's good. It may be costly if you don't. In fact it may already be a costly fix. I have learned this the hard way unfortunately.