1982 Hunter 36/SL Bimini sizing

paolex

Jun 8, 2015
Hunter 36 FLL
Hello All!

Anybody know what size bimini to use for my 1982 Hunter 36/SL? I would like to mount on coamings (as opposed to rail). The SBO store doesn't seem to carry a precut version, so I may have to modify some other model to fit. I realize biminis are sort of complicated, but hoping a H x W x L answer is possible. Thanks!

paolex

Jun 8, 2015
Hunter 36 FLL
Thanks Phil. Mine is a fairly common boat but your bimini price is not available in the SBO store as it is for so many other boats. I guess the price will approach $2k, which I do not want to spend. Plus I am on a bit of a timeline ahead of the holidays.

I also have industrial sewing machines in my home and I am not opposed to going to DIY route.

However, I am looking for an off-the-shelf solution. Since most biminis are essentially triangular prisms in form, I could mostly solve this by having the height, width and length of the bimini. The offset of the top compared to the points of the prism affixed to the boat would be the only remaining variable. Design constraints include of course the location of backstays, dodger, running rigging (to jib in particular), winches. I am not opposed to making holes in a bimini top through which to pass backstays.

Let me know if you have something that could work. Thanks!

Alctel

Dec 13, 2013
Hunter 36 Victoria
I wish I hadn't thrown mine out, I could have sent it to you. Not the greatest condition but it worked, ish.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I guess the price will approach $2k
You can get an exact price through the other two links if you determine the width, height, and length of the coverage you want. I don't know the size of the 36 cockpit but I'd be surprised if it was $2k.