• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

1981 Hunter 30 main sheet / traveler / boom rigging

Oct 9, 2013
Hunter 30 Lusby, MD
No boom hang.
Yes roller furler with 150% jib
No other sails.

How is your fuel tank?
If it is still the original aluminium tank strapped flat to the plywood shelf, you should consider checking it for pitting.

Jan 4, 2020
Hunter HC 30 Washington, NC
No boom hang.
Yes roller furler with 150% jib
No other sails.

How is your fuel tank?
If it is still the original aluminium tank strapped flat to the plywood shelf, you should consider checking it for pitting.
Tanks appears to have been replaced. Was just down there today pumping the old fuel out by hand.

My boom nor mast nor mast base appears to be set up for a vang, but I have a rig for it. I think he picked up some extras and never got around to installing them.

Jan 4, 2020
Hunter HC 30 Washington, NC
On the bow, do you have two hooks, they look like reefing hooks you would find on the goose neck.... ??

Oct 9, 2013
Hunter 30 Lusby, MD
Good idea to put fresh fuel and filters.
I believe the hooks on the bow are used for hank on jibs.
I don't use them because I have a furler.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Hunter 30 Snug Harbor, Lake Champlain
I believe those are for reefing jibs. Hank-ons sometimes have reefing like your main sail. You should have two of those on the boom where it connects to the mast also.

dj

Oct 9, 2013
Hunter 30 Lusby, MD
Below pic shows the two mast halyards.
The one on the winch is the main and it comes out the back of the mast head.
The other one is routed out the front and we use it to haul the dingy onto the fore deck and when we climb the mast.
The blue line running down the side is the roller furler.

I also just replaced the life lines and have lots of the little plastic bushings for the lower line stantions.

82Hunter30-Halyards.jpg