1980, O'Day 25 Bilge Pump?

sPk

Jun 12, 2005
Oday 25 Apostle Islands, WI
Does anyone have any experience installing/using an automatic bilge pump in an O'Day 25? I was thinking this low profile, Whale SuperSub Smart IC 650 Bilge Pump. Where do people run the discharge hose? Can I run it to the head sink drain? Electrical hookup? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
sPk

Ritdog

Jul 18, 2011
Oday 25 Portland, ME
Usually there is an AUTO mode and MANUAL. Auto is hooked right to the positive buss so it will trigger any time the bilge fills, manual is switched through the positive buss to turn on at will. That is activated via a switch around the electrical panel.

Discharge is usually through the side or out the back, above the water line a ways

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Thats the same one I installed on my 25 when I owned one. You can Google bilge pump switch for a proper one. I ran the discharge to the stern above the waterline. Not too big of a deal to do.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
It's best to keep the hose as direct and short as practical. And don't connect it to the sink drain, that can cause water to siphon back into the boat. Outlet must be above water at all times, best place is right up at the gunnel.

Apr 25, 2015
Oday 26 Oscoda, MI
I just installed one and ran the line out the starboard side just aft of the manual bilge pump outlet.