This is the skeg on R33 no.15 after I started 'glassing it back on.  The stainless-steel heel plate (holds up rudder) is not yet installed.  The rudder was pretty well eaten by this boat's trip up the gravel yard during Storm Sandy (Oct 2012) but we happened to have an actual 'new-old-stock' Raider 33 rudder on-hand (on the horses just beyond, being aligned for drilling the quadrant holes) and just substituted it for the old one.

I would like to repair and take a mold off the old one just in case someone else ever needs one!

6 Mar 2013
DianaOfBurlington

This is the skeg on R33 no.15 after I started 'glassing it back on. The stainless-steel heel plate (holds up rudder) is not yet installed. The rudder was pretty well eaten by this boat's trip up the gravel yard during Storm Sandy (Oct 2012) but we happened to have an actual 'new-old-stock' Raider 33 rudder on-hand (on the horses just beyond, being aligned for drilling the quadrant holes) and just substituted it for the old one. I would like to repair and take a mold off the old one just in case someone else ever needs one! 6 Mar 2013

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
White Angel Yacht Specialties
Added by
DianaOfBurlington
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata