DSC01174  I don't know about your boat, but my boat has one continuous rubber that starts at the stern and butts up with the other end at the stern.  In the pic you can see the two ends of the rubber held in place with wood screws and cup washers.
It's foolish to remove this rubber completely out of the track all the way around and by the same token you don't want to remove all the moldings at once unless you need to.
My suggestion to you is to remove the rubber on one side of the boat at a time.   Find the break in the moldings somewhere near the bow where they butt up against each other and just remove the rubber and moldings to that point.   
There may be more unused screw holes in the moldings than there were screws installed at the factory, so I would advise you to mark the screw holes that were used.   That way, all the screws go back where they were before you removed them.
Joe11688

DSC01174 I don't know about your boat, but my boat has one continuous rubber that starts at the stern and butts up with the other end at the stern. In the pic you can see the two ends of the rubber held in place with wood screws and cup washers. It's foolish to remove this rubber completely out of the track all the way around and by the same token you don't want to remove all the moldings at once unless you need to. My suggestion to you is to remove the rubber on one side of the boat at a time. Find the break in the moldings somewhere near the bow where they butt up against each other and just remove the rubber and moldings to that point. There may be more unused screw holes in the moldings than there were screws installed at the factory, so I would advise you to mark the screw holes that were used. That way, all the screws go back where they were before you removed them.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Gunwale molding caulking made easy
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata