Hunter 37C Database - HELP NEEDED!

Nov 22, 2008
84 Hunter 37c bradenton
Hi Jim, sorry it has taken me so long to respond. our hull # HUN37336M84E, vessel name Ollie Ree, owners Bill &Glenda Brooks, home port Bradenton Fl.. Prior name Spritzer of Key Largo Fl.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
Thanks for the update Bill - duly noted and recorded! Send me a PM if you want me to email you a copy of the data base.

Nov 6, 2015
Hunter 37' Cherubini Cutter Channel Islands, CA
Greetings. New owner of HUN37411J485. Name: Nosaro. Purchased in Moss Landing, CA, now lying in her new homeport of Channel Islands, CA.

My father owned this same boat from 1997 to 2005 in Sausalito. Ownership has changed twice since then, but she's back in the family now.

Ian Sprenger
s/v nosaro
1985 H37C
Channel Islands, CA

Jun 8, 2004
Hi Ian, congrats on bringing Nosaro back to the family. Your boat is currently the youngest H37C in the database, rolling out of the factory during October 1984. If you want a copy of the database, drop me an email at jameslegere[at]eastlink[dot]ca.

Jun 8, 2004
From time to time I get 'second hand' information about the Hunter 37 Cutter fleet. I just had an update on another 1985 H37C, this time from a previous owner. This one is hull # 406, known through the years as "Care Frei", "Valhalla" and "Stella Blue". It was recently sold by brokerage in Huntington Harbor, Long Island, NY. If you are the proud new owner, please check in!

Oct 19, 2013
Hunter 37C 3 Centerport
In September of 2015, we purchased SWMBO 3 from Steve L. who is already listed in your database.
Hull #: HUN37304M8ZI.
Year: 1982
We are based out of Centerport, NY
Point of Interest: In "A Brief history of the Hunter 37 Cutter", there is a passage that states " Somewhere around mid-1982, the deck mold for the Hunter 37 Cutter was extensively re-tooled. It may have been directed by Cort Steck around the time of the move to Florida. In any case, starting with hull # 308 (or possibly #307) in August 1982, the changes were evident at a glance. The mainsheet traveller moved from the bridge deck in the cockpit to the cabin top, forward of the companionway."

I was surprised and pleased to see that our boat #304 has the cabin top traveller.
Randolph Bolander

Jun 8, 2004
In September of 2015, we purchased SWMBO 3 from Steve L. who is already listed in your database.
Hull #: HUN37304M8ZI.
Year: 1982
We are based out of Centerport, NY
Point of Interest: In "A Brief history of the Hunter 37 Cutter", there is a passage that states " Somewhere around mid-1982, the deck mold for the Hunter 37 Cutter was extensively re-tooled. It may have been directed by Cort Steck around the time of the move to Florida. In any case, starting with hull # 308 (or possibly #307) in August 1982, the changes were evident at a glance. The mainsheet traveller moved from the bridge deck in the cockpit to the cabin top, forward of the companionway."

I was surprised and pleased to see that our boat #304 has the cabin top traveller.
Randolph Bolander
Hi Randolph,
Thanks for the update. The "brief history" is obviously overdue for a revision. Thanks to the many who have contributed to the database project, I now have a better picture of the production history. Fair winds!

Jun 8, 2004
Hi New owner of HUN37040M79d. Name: broken wind . location blaine wa ,
thanks rob
Welcome aboard! I have entered your boat in database (it was a new entry, so I have no prior history on the boat). If you want a copy of the database, send me a PM or an email.

Jim

May 3, 2012
Hunter 37 Cutter McCarthy, AK
Hi Jim, I was pretty sure we got our boat info to you some time ago. Especially since you've been very helpful on a number of issues. We're on hull number 360. Vessel name Klickitat II. Bill and Katy McKinney, home port McCarthy Alaska. Boat's in great shape. After five seasons along Pacific Mexico the boat's now on a mooring ball on Isla Taboga in Panama. We'll head through the canal in early December and spend this season along Caribbean Panama. Thanks much for your efforts here.

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
I seen there is a 37c on Ebay now with a buy it now for $11,500. It may need some work but if I didn't already have a project boat......................

Jun 8, 2004
Hi Jim, I was pretty sure we got our boat info to you some time ago. Especially since you've been very helpful on a number of issues. We're on hull number 360. Vessel name Klickitat II. Bill and Katy McKinney, home port McCarthy Alaska. Boat's in great shape. After five seasons along Pacific Mexico the boat's now on a mooring ball on Isla Taboga in Panama. We'll head through the canal in early December and spend this season along Caribbean Panama. Thanks much for your efforts here.
Hi Bill, I am envious! Yes, Klickitat II is in the database. I have appended a note to the effect that you are Caribbean-bound. I wish my boat was as far South from Nova Scotia as yours is from Alaska...although maybe not this time of year with all the hurricanes about. Best wishes, Jim L.

FredV

Oct 16, 2011
Hunter 37-cutter Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jim,
Hull #11:
Vessel name = Fred V (same as HOW name)
Vessel location = Philadelphia, PA (not Newport, NJ)
Vessel status = Unending work in process
Thanks for doing this!

Jun 8, 2004
Hi Jim,
Hull #11:
Vessel name = Fred V (same as HOW name)
Vessel location = Philadelphia, PA (not Newport, NJ)
Vessel status = Unending work in process
Thanks for doing this!
Hi Rainer,
Thanks for the update - I have checked and the current database entry for Fred V is up-to-date. I have emailed you a copy. I think your vessel status would apply to most of us. Hope you got some good sailing done this summer. The sailing season is drawing to a close up here in NS...haul out is about 5 weeks away now.
Best wishes,
Jim

Jul 7, 2009
Beneteau First 405 Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Hey jim
I sold Bohneur ,hull 107, in june 2014. Now sailing Port Charlotte, Fl. There is a video under hunter 37 cherubini on you tube. I dont know the name of the new owners, but the sales agent is listed on the video. Maybe he can shed a light.
I now have a Beneteau First 405 and getting ready to do a complete refit. Did go through hurricane Matthew on a mooring on the Sampit river in Georgetown, SC. this past weekend. Did fine.
Will be on the Beneteau forums next.
Thanks to you all for all the help and answers I received during my refit.
José Guidera
Www.hunter37.com
Www.Beneteau405.com

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks for the update, Jose. We H37C owners have enjoyed the website you put together about the 'rebirth' of Bonheur; glad it is still up. Also glad all went well with your new boat through Hurricane Matthew. We miss you but wish you well with the new boat.
-Jim

Apr 20, 2016
Hunter 37 Cutter Chesapeake City, MD
Hello,

Can we be added to the database?
1984 Hunter 37-Cutter
Bits & Bytes, hailing Chesapeake City, Md. (Bohemia Bay Yacht Basin)
HIN HUN37363M84I
Owners Dick & Carol Sawczuk
Currently giving her the love she deserves.

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks for the update Dick! I have noted the new information in the entry for your boat Bits & Bytes.

Oct 26, 2016
Hunter Cherubini Gold River Marina, N.S.
Hi Jim, New Owner can you add us to the database please?

HUN37128M80B
Hull #128
model year 1980
month B - Sep 1980
Vessel name - Artemis
Home port - Gold River, N.S.

Thanks. Richard

Jun 8, 2004
Hi Jim, New Owner can you add us to the database please?

HUN37128M80B
Hull #128
model year 1980
month B - Sep 1980
Vessel name - Artemis
Home port - Gold River, N.S.

Thanks. Richard
Hi Richard,
Welcome aboard! Its nice to have another H37C close by. I have updated the database. Send an email to jameslegere[at]eastlink[dot]ca and I will send you a copy.
Best wishes,
Jim