catalina 250

1. S

Catalina 250 wheel to tiller conversion

Hi, I'm considering converting from wheel steering to a tiller (I had been considering that even before my steering system broke ;)) on my 1996 Catalina 250WB. One problem I'm anticipating is that the rudder seems to be designed to be locked in place by the steering system's tiller. Once the...
  2. S

Edson steering, Catalina 250: conduit blocking rudder

Hello all, This is my first post here, so glad to be joining this awesome community :) I'm having an issue with the Edson steering system on my new-to-me 1996 Catalina 250. I'm planning to call Edson's customer service, which I read good things about, but I thought it would be easier to explain...
  3. J

Catalina 270 versus Catalina 250

Hello. I an considering a used Catalina 250 with an 9.9hp outboard , however I saw an advertisement for a used Catalina 270 with inboard diesel and wondering if anyone has an idea of the cockpit size difference of the two boats. Basically I am interested if the number of people that each cockpit...
  4. J

Catalina 250 modification from tiller to wheel steering

Hello, I am in the market for a less then 15 year old Catalina 250 or Hunter 25. I found a reasonably priced Catalina 250 Wing keel with tiller steering. Most C250 I have seen have a wheel. 1) Is it possible to modify the tiller steering to a wheel at a reasonable cost? If yes what are the...
  5. B

C250 Water Ballast Issues

Hello Sailors! I am a former Catalina 25 owner. Looking at the Catalina 250 WB models. Several owners selling their WB models on Craigslist have indicated that their ballast tanks have leaks. They say that they lack the expertise and financial wherewithal to correct the issue. My questions to...