Faucet replacement HELP

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Attached is a picture of the faucet in my aft head and a picture from underneath. It is very difficult to reach underneath and I've tried every faucet removal tool I can find but I can't get it to grab onto the nut on the bottom and the clearance on one side of the opening is too small to allow any tool to fit far enough up into it to engage the ears on the nut.

Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions for how to remove the faucet? This is a 1994 Hunter 40.5. Does anyone know how the sink vanity is attached and how to remove it? Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_20240816_130436_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240522_111735_HDR.jpg

Nov 12, 2009
J/ 32 NCYC, Western Lake Erie
Any chance you can stick an old screw driver, dull cold chisel, or drift into the hole to engage the nut and then use a hammer to loosen the nut? (Just remember to hit CCW so you're not actually tightening the nut.) Also, might it be possible to enlarge the hole under the counter top a bit to get more access? It looks like it might just be a thin layer of something.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Any chance you can stick an old screw driver, dull cold chisel, or drift into the hole to engage the nut and then use a hammer to loosen the nut? (Just remember to hit CCW so you're not actually tightening the nut.) Also, might it be possible to enlarge the hole under the counter top a bit to get more access? It looks like it might just be a thin layer of something.
Tried that. There is not enough room to get a "swing" on the hammer. I'll keep trying though.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
I do not have a sink like this, BUT, it appears that the faucet was first mounted on what appears to be marble top then attached to the counter top with some type of caulking. If so use dental floss to cut through the caulking and lift the top piece.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 36mkII Alameda, CA
I had a stock Catalina supplied/installed faucet.
I made up a plywood piece to surround the base of the faucet and cover my sink top. I then used my sawzall with a metal blade to cut off the top of the faucet.
I cut slow and had no damage. The bottom of the faucet dropped down after that. I work with alot of tools so it was not a big deal for me personaly.
Sometimes I wonder who designs some of this stuff.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Typically when you buy a new faucet they include a wrench that fits up to unscrew it…… I saved the last one just in case.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
I had a stock Catalina supplied/installed faucet.
I made up a plywood piece to surround the base of the faucet and cover my sink top. I then used my sawzall with a metal blade to cut off the top of the faucet.
It may have to come to that. Hope not though. I'm going to give it a few more tries from the bottom. It looks like the curve of the metal pipes feeding the faucet may be causing some difficulty it getting the tool to line up and engage the tabs on the nut. I may try cutting them off to get better access. I'll have to cap off the lines so I can have water other places in the boat while I'm working on it. They put it on but probably before they attached the Corian countertop to the shell.