Faucet replacement HELP

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Could you use a dremmel tool to enlarge the problem side of the opening to allow the faucet removal tool to align properly?
That's a possibility. I can only go a few mm before it gets into the sink, but that may be enough!

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
You can also drill several holes on the nut to "crack" it. On the thick part of the nut use a small drill and enlarge as needed. if you "ding" the faucet threads, you can use a 3-corner file to clear the burrs.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
You can also drill several holes on the nut to "crack" it. On the thick part of the nut use a small drill and enlarge as needed. if you "ding" the faucet threads, you can use a 3-corner file to clear the burrs.
The current faucet is being discarded and replaced. I don't care of I "ding" the threads. Question is whether I have room to get a drill into the crowded area. Good idea though. Might be easier than trying to cut off the whole faucet. Thanks for the out of the box thinking.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
Dremel tool drilling and routing often solve access problems in confined places.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
@RitSim THANKS for the suggestion! It worked. I could get a small battery operated drill up into the space and drill the nut. It actually worked better with a 1/2 inch drill that used the concave area you can see in the picture of the bottom as a "guide". It did mess up the threads but I was not reusing the old faucet anyway. Using the concave area the 1/2 inch drill bit cut the nut and with a little coaxing, it fell off. I won't say it was "easy" since I had to do cabinet yoga to reach it but it did work. Thanks again

IMG_20240821_104806_HDR.jpg

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That sounds like a win, no matter how ugly. :biggrin:

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Curious about how you will get the replacement faucet to be secured in the tight space.
The replacement faucet does not use the same kind of nut one the bottom. It uses two smaller nuts that thread onto long bolts that come out of the bottom and can be easily reached, hand threaded and then snugged up with a 10mm open end wrench. I'll try to post a picture after I go to the boat today.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Great success. :beer:

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
For those interested, the brand of the faucet is Ambassador and it is purported to be "Marine Grade." Here is a picture from the bottom of the new faucet installed. It was much easier than the original. Also is included is a picture of the box. I'm very pleased with the look
IMG_20240823_115506_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240823_115617_HDR.jpg