Covid-19 Vaccination

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Woo Hoo, just got back from getting my second shot.

Two more weeks and I'm a safe as I can get.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Depending on what shot you got, you might have been safe for quite a while. From the Moderna document that they supplied to the FDA during the emergency approval process. CoVid incidence after the first shot tracks the placebo group until day 10-14, and then just goes away (almost zero new cases).

IMG_2611.JPG

Shot #2 extends. The '14-day after the last shot' is common Public Policy for all the shots.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Seems a tad inconsistent to me. If they can't get their word out, what's stopping their friends and acquaintances from doing so? Who's doing the "blocking?"
In a time when we get text and email as well as news reports of a strange car driving down the street,
with the thousands if not hundreds of thousands of reporting, tracking and monitoring people watching and analyzing pandemic trends, hiding significant events such as claimed seems beyond the realm of possibility these days. Too many people in too many places would have to agree to complicity in such a scheme.

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
I would not be that sure. There is certainly a bubble, so when news worthy events happen, the bubble finds out, but no one outside of that bubble ever finds out. They may hear rumors, but they are passed off as conspiracy theories so they don't travel. We've seen that time and time again with political stories. Even more so there, as people will judge the merits of a story based on what they want to be true, and will act according to their own preconceived beliefs. Reality does not matter.

Sep 25, 2008
I’m ready to return to the good old days of old fashioned gossip and rumors instead of the current crop of hoaxes and conspiracy theories. Maybe someone will post about the tracking chips embedded in sailboats. Seems equally plausible:cool:

• Ha
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
There is no need to fear tracking chips; we are way beyond that old fashioned tech.
1618655347612.png

1618655410953.png

1618655461600.png

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
My wife and I just took a Covid-19 test (first one) and tested NEGATIVE to allow us to return to the United States by air from Mexico on a trip my wife planned. I was relieved since what if either one got a positive or false positive, then we would have to stay quarantine and eat more lobster and seafood ceviche and drink more??...........or arrange land travel (1250 miles) from Puerto Vallerta, Mexico to the border.............that would be a long and expensive trip.

From Covid-19 Testing Required for U.S. Entry (state.gov) : Effective January 26, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers two years of age and over entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three (3) calendar days of departure, or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recent recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
All well and good. But what if you have been vaccinated? Reportedly CDC says there is a 0.0075% chance you can have COVID. What will the test show? A false positive?
If that happens, buy a lottery ticket, because you are beating the odds. ;)

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
In the US, 319 million doses have been distributed but only 248 million used. At least 148 million people or 45% of the population have received at least one dose and 98 million or 29% are fully vaccinated. There is a good chance the US will achieve 50% very soon............but will it achieve 60+% vaccinated and do we have to wait for the number of non-vaccinated people to get Covid before the CDC declares "herd immunity" and allows resuming pre-pandemic life without restrictions and masks.?

Sep 25, 2008
. There is a good chance the US will achieve 50% very soon............but will it achieve 60+% vaccinated and do we have to wait for the number of non-vaccinated people to...
Haven’t followed the whole discussion but given the historical data on flu vaccinations which indicates only half the population receives it, it seems like a frivolous goal someone set arbitrarily to expect anything greater with Covid. Too many are afraid to get it or simply are ambivalent. Reality never was an obstacle to government’s setting of goals.

Jan 11, 2014
High vaccination rates are achievable, even though the anti-vaxxers protest, we achieve high levels of childhood vaccinations because vaccinations are required for school attendance.

Apply the same standards to adults, you want to work here? Get a vaccination. You want to go out to eat? Get a vaccination. You want to go to the movies, concert, stage show? Get a vaccination.

Don't want to get a vaccination? Stay home, get Instacart to deliver your groceries.

Sep 25, 2008
High vaccination rates are achievable, even though the anti-vaxxers protest, we achieve high levels of childhood vaccinations because vaccinations are required for school attendance.

Apply the same standards to adults, you want to work here? Get a vaccination. You want to go out to eat? Get a vaccination. You want to go to the movies, concert, stage show? Get a vaccination.

Don't want to get a vaccination? Stay home, get Instacart to deliver your groceries.
In an ideal world, maybe but vaccinations aren’t a prerequisite for school. I know of kids who’s parents are not vaccinated against anything who attend school in various states. Some religions are ant-vaccinations. Some people cannot be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons. And still others already have immunity, at least as temporary as the current crop of vaccinations, because of past Covid 19 infection.

And there remains the fundamental problem with mandating it - the Covid vaccine is still only approved as an emergency. Mandating vaccinations for it are therefore a moot point.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
and do we have to wait for the number of non-vaccinated people to get Covid before the CDC declares "herd immunity" and allows resuming pre-pandemic life without restrictions and masks
No point in waiting, at that point. Sitting at home or wearing masks and maintaining 6' distance while you wait for non-vaccinated population to catch it and achieve herd immunity won't see any less people getting Covid than opening it up right away. The only things to wait for is for the population respond to whatever information/promotion campaign is being pushed and get vaccinated and to allow down the pandemic so it doesn't overwhelm the Healthcare system.

Most schools I know of require either vaccinations or an acceptable reason not to have it, like religious beliefs or health issues.

I and both my kids had to be up to date to get into university.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 11, 2014
In an ideal world, maybe but vaccinations aren’t a prerequisite for school. I know of kids who’s parents are not vaccinated against anything who attend school in various states.
In NY you must have a certain set of vaccinations or you will not be allowed to attend school. Recently those rules have been tightened with some exemptions eliminated.

So, I'm thinking of buying some cigarettes and when someone comes up and insists they don't have to get vaccinated or don't have to wear a mask or don't have to social distance I'll light up a butt and blow smoke in their face. If they object well, at least they know I'm blowing smoke in their face. How am I supposed to know if you are blowing Covid in my face?

• Ha