Hunter resource documents archive now online

BIGUA

Nov 6, 2016
HUNTER 380 RIO DE LA PLATA
Hi Hunter216, Thank you for your answer , the question was because in my manual state specifically the 380 has the CE certification, I am running an european flag registration proces that ask for that paper.
And yes, my nice 380 came new (2001) from USA .

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
This is an article I found on the Beneteau site

It implies that boats built for the USA / North American market do NOT have to comply with a CE level. This sort of lines up with some comments in the link I posted but it comes from an actual manufacturer so it would seem to be “factual”.

I’m sorry I don’t really have any way of helping :)

BIGUA

Nov 6, 2016
You are "wrong".....you help a lot taking your time to find any info about this subject, in one hand I have to fullfill the EU registration rule for the CE certification, in the other hand I'm courious about the info in the manual that states that the boat have the CE certification.....
Anyway, hope someone from the old Hunter factory read this and can contribute something on the subject.
Thank you !!

BIGUA

Nov 6, 2016
Hi, the same page / doc is in my manual, but there is no plate, what is the purpose of this doc if not CE certified ? at least curious.....
if there was any 380 CE certified will be useful for my new flag doc, but i didn't found any in Europe, I think I will do a deposition....hope will be aceptable....
Thank you Hunter216 for your help !!

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Hi, the same page / doc is in my manual, but there is no plate, what is the purpose of this doc if not CE certified ? at least curious.....
if there was any 380 CE certified will be useful for my new flag doc, but i didn't found any in Europe, I think I will do a deposition....hope will be aceptable....
Thank you Hunter216 for your help !!
Your welcome. :)

Does the page 35 in your manual that shows a “copy” of the builder plate show 2001?

I think you might be onto a solution. If you have purchase documentation, and a Hull number that all matches the “year” on page 35 in your manual you might be able to have all the documents legally “certified” enough to get the registration you are after. :)

BIGUA

Nov 6, 2016
your idea are great but the page in my manual is exactly the same you found, there is no conection with a specific boat , it is a general statement more for marketing purpose i guess, don't misunderstand me , I am very happy with my Hunter, I think was one of best series they build, the manual are incredible complete but this point of the CE certification is something ambiguos......perhaps Phil, the "master" magician behind this site could do any comments.
Thank you !!!

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Sorry, we don't have any access to support docs on this topic or people who might have been involved in the original process. Since Hunter Marine doesn't exist anymore (their assets were acquired by Marlow-Hunter) I suspect the best path is to treat this as if the manufacturer is out of business. Most governments have some method to accommodate that; it's more common than not.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
the manual are incredible complete but this point of the CE certification is something ambiguos
You might do a direct contact with IMCI in Brussels Belgium. See the info..
CE Address.jpeg

Use your HIN# to confirm your boat builder and model. HIN# is affixed to your boat with a metal tag.
Jim...

BIGUA

Nov 6, 2016
Thank you Phil , you are right, thank you James, with the info you sent I will be capable to resolve this situation, what can I say.....hope one day I could return the hand I found here .
Best regards