Activities between Sailing

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
When I am not sailing I am either competing on horseback, flying, raising cattle, or building a nuclear waste
disposal site.RSNC World Show.jpgTakeoff.jpgSpring Calving.jpgNuclear Site.jpg

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
When I am not sailing I'm flying hang gliders or .......

View attachment 175794
There's no place like cloud base :). As an H-4 observer I once test flew a Sting for a customer. nice glider. but I mostly flew Pac Air, Wills, and was a dealer for GW Meadows while he sold the Airwave Sportster (awesome flying gliders)... fun times for 18 years and over 2000 hours.
all 003.jpg

Last edited:

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Restoring cars (and doing engine/trans swaps in the process) and building hot rods has been a hobby of mine for 50 years. I don't build anymore, for the past 3-4 years, but I've kept the 62 Corvette that I restored. it has a tpi injected 350 and 6 speed ZF from a 90 Vette. I built that one to drive and we do drive it often.
These are just a few of my favorite things:

Attachments

Last edited:

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
The sound doesn't seem to be working on your photo Brian ;).

I've owned a guitar for.... forever, also (can't play mine worth a hoot but I own one :)) , but I won't take my guitar on the boat due to space and moisture considerations. Then just a few weeks ago I happened to see a post online somewhere about a thing called a tongue drum aka tank drum, hang drum, pan drum, etc. they have a really cool sound but I'm too cheep to buy a new one, and then I discovered many of them were actually been built at home by using a (new) 20 lb propane tank. that was just a challenge I couldn't pass up :biggrin:. I'm happy with the results and am really looking forward to playing with this, in the evenings, when out on the boat at anchor this summer. check them out.

87969195_2535426686699837_2793145845384478720_n.jpgIMG_0238.jpg

here's a vid from U-tube also:

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Remind me not to anchor near your drum. I once went to Burning Man and our camp was next to the Drum Camp with non stop drumming 24/7. I only slept with assistance of whatever guests brought to our camp.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Remind me not to anchor near your drum. I once went to Burning Man and our camp was next to the Drum Camp with non stop drumming 24/7. I only slept with assistance of whatever guests brought to our camp.
Ya... when going to burning man I can see how you would expect to have peace and quiet all night :kick:
We're virtually always the only boat anchored out on our local lake anyway, but if I do see you, I'll be sure to suggest you move to the other side of the lake ;)
And.... What makes you think that if I was anchored near another boat that I wouldn't stay silent? I'd say that's pretty presumptuous of you actually :mad:.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
The sound doesn't seem to be working on your photo Brian ;).

I've owned a guitar for.... forever, also (can't play mine worth a hoot but I own one :)) , but I won't take my guitar on the boat due to space and moisture considerations. Then just a few weeks ago I happened to see a post online somewhere about a thing called a tongue drum aka tank drum, hang drum, pan drum, etc. they have a really cool sound but I'm too cheep to buy a new one, and then I discovered many of them were actually been built at home by using a (new) 20 lb propane tank. that was just a challenge I couldn't pass up :biggrin:. I'm happy with the results and am really looking forward to playing with this, in the evenings, when out on the boat at anchor this summer. check them out.

View attachment 175813View attachment 175814

here's a vid from U-tube also:
As soon as I heard the beginning I thought of this...

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
As soon as I heard the beginning I thought of this...
Wow. that was Mesmerizing! I gota get me some of that to add to my I-pod playlist :clap:. Just before Christmas I sold a Washburn 12 string that I'd owned since the mid 70s. I periodically dusted it off and enjoyed it over the years but mine never made any of THOSE noises:wink3: thanks for sharing.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Wow. that was Mesmerizing! I gota get me some of that to add to my I-pod playlist :clap:. Just before Christmas I sold a Washburn 12 string that I'd owned since the mid 70s. I periodically dusted it off and enjoyed it over the years but mine never made any of THOSE noises:wink3: thanks for sharing.
I am trying to improve my technique by learning artificial harmonics (like he does in the beginning with the melody). The rest of the song I can handle. Otherwise, I can play it but without the artificial harmonics.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I have a guitar.

I have a charango and a conga drum and a pan flute and didgeridoo and a and a and a cello
And people see my cello and they say, "Oh! You play the cello!?"
And I say, "No! I only play with the cello. I play the harmonica."

The cello is special though, it makes beautiful sounds all by itself. Seriously, it takes real skill to play, but no skill at all to sound wonderful.

Here's my brother from a video he made a while back when he was selling his Travis Bean. Now he plays the guitar.
Oh, and this guitar has long since sold, so don't ask.

-Will (Dragonfly)