SRVS shutting down 9/5/18?

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I just got an e-mail saying that SRVS will shut down on 9/5 to be replaced by something new, called CBP RAOM app.

Is this correct? If so, one week notice to shut down a system that is used by people traveling abroad seems a bit short.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Is this correct?
SVRS WILL NO LONGER BE IN SERVICE STARTING SEPTEMBER 5, 2018

Hello SVRS member,

Effective September 5, 2018, the Small Vessel Reporting System will no longer be in service and float plans will no longer be accepted. Instead, pleasure boaters are encouraged to use the CBP Reporting Offsite Arrival – Mobile (ROAM) application when boating into the U.S. from a foreign port or place. Existing SVRS numbers will continue to remain valid and may be entered in the CBP ROAM app for expedited processing. Boaters may also continue to report their arrival via designated telephone reporting numbers or report to a port of entry, if desired.

The CBP ROAM app is a convenient and efficient way to report your U.S. entry from a smart device. Travelers can use the CBP ROAM app to input their biographic and trip information, followed by a video interview with a CBP Officer, to meet reporting requirements. While all travelers may use the CBP ROAM app, there may be circumstances in which a boater must still report in person to CBP, including, but not limited to, if an I-94 or other document is required, if customs duties must be paid, or in other relevant circumstances. Please refer below for additional detail and information:

Where can I download the CBP ROAM app?
Download CBP ROAM on your Android or Apple device! Detailed instructions on how to install and use the app on a personal device are attached for your reference. In certain locations, travelers can use a CBP tablet located at a partner organization to access the CBP ROAM app.

Where can the CBP ROAM app be used?
The CBPROAM app can be used to report U.S. entry by boat in the Great Lakes, most of the Eastern Seaboard (from Delaware to Florida), U.S. territories in the Caribbean, Texas, and San Diego, California. Additional locations are being added, and travelers should contact their local port of entry to confirm whether arrival submissions via the CBP ROAM app are accepted.

How do I use the CBP ROAM app to report my U.S. entry?
After downloading the CBP ROAM app and creating an account on login.gov, enter your traveler, mode of travel, and trip details for your U.S. entry. After submitting the trip, a CBP Officer will review your submission and may initiate a video interview if necessary. Following the video interview, you will receive a notification and an email with your clearance status and/or next steps. For expedited processing, individuals without a Trusted Traveler number may also apply to enroll as a “Verified Traveler” through the CBP ROAM app; approved travelers will receive a Verified Traveler number that can be used for future trips.

For more information on the CBP ROAM app, visit the CBP ROAM page on CBP’s website. For CBP ROAM questions or comments, please reach out to cbproam@cbp.dhs.gov.

Happy boating and stay safe!

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes @JimInPB you are correct. It is the SVRS (Small Vessel Reporting System) is being phased out.
CBP Reporting Offsite Arrival – Mobile (ROAM)
Beginning September 5, 2018, SVRS will no longer be in service and float plans will no longer be accepted. Boaters looking for a new, faster way to report their arrival and/or apply for a registered boater program may use the CBP ROAM app, available for free on the Apple App and Google Play stores. Boaters may also continue to report their arrival via designated telephone reporting numbers, if desired.
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/pleasure-boats-private-flyers/pleasure-boat-overview/roam
Or apply for a Nexus card.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I was told last year when I wanted to get the SVRS info from the Anacortes CBP office that it was not available in the PacNW and would be phased out within a year. They gave me a phone number to call. The Officer set me up in their system. Gave me a number. I called the CBP 800 number answered typical questions, gave them my Global Entry number, and assured them the produce was from the local grocer in Anacortes. The replay was "Welcome to the USA".
Moral.. Contact the CBP office before our go. The systems are changing all the time.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Yesterday I used the ROAM app checking in from our trip to Canada. Simple and easy. We checked in about 10 miles off shore once I got 2 bars on the phone.

A friend used it earlier in the summer, and had some difficulty because he was entering the data as he was checking in. Fill in all the information about the boat and passengers prior to logging in to clear customs. This can be done in the comfort of your own home.

Once you clear in, you get an email confirmation:

Thank you for your recent U.S. CBP ROAM trip submission, David Lochner. Your U.S. CBP ROAM Trip ID XXXX has been approved. You and your reporting group are now cleared to enter the U.S.

Your PBRS Clearance Number is XXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely,
U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Follow U.S. Customs and Border Protection at CBP Newsroom