Zink replacement on Yanmar YGM20F

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
I have recently purchased a new to me boat with a Yanmar YGM20F engine that has a heat exchanger. Included with all of the spare parts was a few Zink engine anodes. For the life of me I cannot locate where they go on the engine. There is a heat exchanger on the engine and that also heats the water in the hot water tank. I sail in a salt water location and want to ensure that I am adequately protected.
Comments or suggestions are welcome. The engine is a 1986 model in a Pearson 28-2 if that has any bearing.

Thanks

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
There are typically no zincs in a 2 GM20F (check nametag carefully, probably is 2GM not YGM?) .. the metals used in construction were selected to significantly reduce electrolysis. The sea water cooled versions (2GM20) did have zincs, so you can buy a zinc that seems to go with the "F" model..but it doesn't.

Aug 14, 2011
Hunter 35.5 Legend PCYC Shediac, NB
There are typically no zincs in a 2 GM20F (check nametag carefully, probably is 2GM not YGM?) .. the metals used in construction were selected to significantly reduce electrolysis. The sea water cooled versions (2GM20) did have zincs, so you can buy a zinc that seems to go with the "F" model..but it doesn't.

OK You are correct on the model and thanks for info. I had looked everywhere and could not find the location to install them

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
My boat with 2GM20F came with them as well in a little kit or red box marked yanmar on cover never figured out where they go either but I figured went on raw water cooled version