Yet another boat off the trailer thread

Apr 5, 2018
Catalina Capri 25 Jackson
Got the boat up off the trailer!! Took about 6 hours yesterday to build the stands from the scrap wood I got off my buddy’s construction site, then about 4 hours today to get it up, fishing building the stands, tweak it some more, raise it up, tweak them some. More, raise them up more... but it’s done!! Total cost...$20 for 2 boxes of 4” screws.

Lowered the front, put in the stand, then with a hilift and a jack stand for backup, we raised the front with the stand assembled around the trailer. I had to keep the bow strap on because the boat wanted to slide down the front rubber trailer pad. After the boat cleared the bunks we attached some lateral support braces and lowered the trailer a bit more out of the way.
8E6C0DE9-E318-4AEA-BCB7-97D6A1D3B017.jpeg
031DBB3E-F0E7-440B-BF85-14CB6A68ED6D.jpeg

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
Looks great - the work paid off.

Watch those keel hangers - it's easy to put them in upside down. Down under that boat, men's minds have been known to act a little haywire. Mine did at least..

mll

Oct 17, 2019
Catalina 22 Wheeler Lake
uestion....wouzld it be workable to place 4 4x6 post in ground with top cross braces and sling the boat with 600 lb rated straps? I would jack the trailer and boat up for clearace, install sling straps, the lower trailer to pull it out????

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
uestion....wouzld it be workable to place 4 4x6 post in ground with top cross braces and sling the boat with 600 lb rated straps? I would jack the trailer and boat up for clearace, install sling straps, the lower trailer to pull it out????
Lower trailer tongue. insert rear support. raise tongue. install strap. lower tongue. remove trailer.
works for me:
P1010001 (3).jpg

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
Here's my stab at this. It was time to change the keel cable, so a good opportunity to try out the system I'd been working on - a transom support similar to many others we've seen, and a gantry crane with brake winches on either side (the crane is nice to have in the shop for other work too).

IMG_1545.jpeg IMG_1546.jpeg

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Wait a sec. You have to lift the transom to change the cable?? I was going to change mine today, but I assumed it could be done right on the trailer.

Do I have bad news coming?? LOL