WTB Hunter 260 PNW

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
I could not help but think that if you painted the garden sprayers reservoir with flat black paint, you would achieve the same results. I might give it a try on my summer cruise this year.
Yeah I believe that would work.
Duckworks used to sell these.
imagesSBYNJJ8M.jpg

Mar 2, 2016
Hunter 260 trailer
Sorry have been busy with finals this week. Thanks for the clarification about the floor (sump-box), I assumed it was open under the floor. So I have a auction on u-ship and its looking like its going to cost $1,500.00. Not the end of the world but more than I wanted.
So I couldn't find much info on mast stepping. My mac was easy, could man handle it pretty easy and I am coming to understand this may not be doable on the hunter. Should I hope its coming with a gin pole? Is it really that heavy?
Thank you for all the info so far :)

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
So I couldn't find much info on mast stepping. My mac was easy, could man handle it pretty easy and I am coming to understand this may not be doable on the hunter. Should I hope its coming with a gin pole? Is it really that heavy?
Thank you for all the info so far :)
Yes, the H26 and 260's come with a gin pole. I had a Mac 26S, and I think the H26 is pretty much as easy to step the mast. I have done it several times by myself, no problem. When you say you could man handle it on the Mac, I wouldn't recommend that on the Hunter, use the mast raising system. The mast is heavier than the Mac.

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
If you switch to pressure water you could put a transom shower on. It would be cold. I have a solar shower. Never had the time to use it.
Raising the mast can be done by one person . A helper to move rigging and ropes out of the way and to aviod rigging binding really helps.
The mast on the H260 is much larger than on the Mac. The Mac is powered by the genoa. The hunter by the main. This is one area where a B&R rig is less than ideal on a trailersailer .
The person you choose to deliver it, should as Dave stated strap the stern to the trailer and support the outboard .
Hope the previous owner has looked at the trailer in the last ten years. Most never move much and are used more as boat stands in the winter months

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Here's your solution for pressure water. You can clean your deck and then take a pressurized shower. And if someone here, maybe Maine Sail, can rig an adapter, use it as a genset for running your a/c and charging your batteries.
image.jpeg

Mar 2, 2016
Hunter 260 trailer
Here's your solution for pressure water. You can clean your deck and then take a pressurized shower. And if someone here, maybe Maine Sail, can rig an adapter, use it as a genset for running your a/c and charging your batteries. View attachment 120422
Those are great for rinsing the deck but far too much pressure for an on board system. They also require a pressurized water source themselves. You probably wouldn't want to take a shower with one of those, I have cut into a truck tire with one.

Mar 2, 2016
Hunter 260 trailer
If you switch to pressure water you could put a transom shower on. It would be cold. I have a solar shower. Never had the time to use it.
Raising the mast can be done by one person . A helper to move rigging and ropes out of the way and to aviod rigging binding really helps.
The mast on the H260 is much larger than on the Mac. The Mac is powered by the genoa. The hunter by the main. This is one area where a B&R rig is less than ideal on a trailersailer .
The person you choose to deliver it, should as Dave stated strap the stern to the trailer and support the outboard .
Hope the previous owner has looked at the trailer in the last ten years. Most never move much and are used more as boat stands in the winter months
Great info here! Thank you

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I was very close with the Hunter water ballast boats. It was not Hunter who stopped the production of the Hunter 260 but corporate made that decision against the wishes of Hunter. As for transport, insist on seeing their insurance policy. In addition, the tires are too close to the edges of the trailer it will sit on unless turned sideways somewhat but above all make sure it is well secured that the boat cannot move forward or backwards with additional tie downs. Had some delivered to me that way as a former dealer which is why I am making the suggestion.
WOW Dave I'd love to hear more about that one! What's the back-story? That Hunter and ownership is gone, you can talk! ;-)

Normally business people to whatever is going to maximize profits. Capitalism 101. What else factored? Normally companies will built boats as long as someone wants them, or they can build something even more profitable in its place. I always assumed the market for new hulls simply dried up.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Philip

When you get the boat I will help you with mast raising as I designed the system. With the 26. You should have a pole with one wire thru one end both ends looped and swayed and two other identical wires with pelican hooks. The 260 does not have the two identical wires. Send your name phone number and location when ready via forum email and never post contact info on the forum unless you want anyone to see.

Jackdaw;
The folks at Hunter wanted to keep the boat in production as they were still selling them. However corporate said no thinking they were at the end and did not want to be stuck with them. Funny the dealers were begging for them. Someone came up with the bright idea of the 27 Hunter Edge to replace it trying to compete with another manufacturer but as I told them it was 15 years too late and with that big engine Inthe backend well it was not well received. By then I retired for a variety of reasons. Now look and see how many 260's are for sale which is not many. If someone was smart I would splash that boats and build them but I am going in another direction.

I started modeling my two thousand square foot basement myself in November and I am one month from completion. Sheetrock and mudding too include sanding not my cup of tea but electrical plumbing wiring heat/air and so on in place.

Mar 2, 2016
Hunter 260 trailer
Philip

When you get the boat I will help you with mast raising as I designed the system. With the 26. You should have a pole with one wire thru one end both ends looped and swayed and two other identical wires with pelican hooks. The 260 does not have the two identical wires. Send your name phone number and location when ready via forum email and never post contact info on the forum unless you want anyone to see.

Thank you, that is very kind. I know remarkably little about this particular boat I'm buying and I hope all the equipment is there but I guess I will find out when it gets here. I will be sure to post when it gets here. Thank you

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
If I had the money I would buy the 260 but went into debt to build my mountain home and of course the big train room.

Apr 11, 2014
Hunter 260 Lake Lanier
As far as the shower goes, we purchase a system called Nemo. It's about a 3 gallon flexible bladder with a foot pump and 8' nozzle attached. It's great because you can keep the pressure up yourself while you use the nozzle and free hand to clean. Plus it's compact when not filled with water. https://www.rei.com/product/850667/nemo-helio-pressure-shower

I looked for awhile to on a 260. Went sailing with a local guy just to see one in hopes that he might offer it up. No such luck. Finally found one out of Minniapolis. Guy had 3 at the time. That was a few years ago though.