Winter Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2010
Oday 27 Gulfport, MS
I feel your pain Joe. Add 90 degree plus heat and humidity, and perhaps this thread should be renamed from Winter Projects to Summer Projects!

I read another thread that says the O27 toerails are removed from below deck and is VERY difficult to get access to. I'll have to take a close look at mine to see if this is true for my setup. I'll post back when I figure out what I'm up against.

Might be setting up the old A/C first though! :)

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
I feel your pain Joe. Add 90 degree plus heat and humidity, and perhaps this thread should be renamed from Winter Projects to Summer Projects!

I read another thread that says the O27 toerails are removed from below deck and is VERY difficult to get access to. I'll have to take a close look at mine to see if this is true for my setup. I'll post back when I figure out what I'm up against.

Might be setting up the old A/C first though! :)
The toe rails on the 27 may be attached with bolts. I really don't know. My hand rails are attached with bolts. I had a tiny leak coming in from one bolt on my hand rail and I wa lucky enough to be able to caulk under the hand rail at that point without removing the whole hand rail. It's a pain but you do what you have to do to prevent water from getting trapped into the core and paying the price down the road later.

I have to figure out why my outboard cover won't stay locked in place. It's hard to trouble shoot when it's on the back of my boat which is in the water now.

Status
Not open for further replies.