Winter Projects

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
My neighbour worries that I’ll get bored in the winter. No sailing, what will I do? Not to worry, this showed up in my workshop.BCA5EB7F-8EDA-43E7-963B-E5D474BE066E.jpeg 25kw Onan generator with a Perkins 4-108 to drive it. Same motor that we have in the boat so I’ll have a spare or a generator with a spare. A little work to do but it’s stuff I enjoy.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
My neighbour worries that I’ll get bored in the winter. No sailing, what will I do? Not to worry, this showed up in my workshop. 25kw Onan generator with a Perkins 4-108 to drive it. Same motor that we have in the boat so I’ll have a spare or a generator with a spare. A little work to do but it’s stuff I enjoy.
Nice to have. My generator is out in my detached garage (100 year old house). I have it set up to feed back to the house using a xfer switch.
Fortunately our winters are short and I can get my projects done before the Spring

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Exciting. Looks like a full house generator.
Your not thinking about putting that beast on your boat are you?

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Exciting. Looks like a full house generator.
Your not thinking about putting that beast on your boat are you?
A bit big to fit on the boat, however it produces enough power to run the house and the cottage and we do get power outages here in the islands.